DO CARERS HAVE A VOICE ????

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
On the news it`s all about the pensioners keeping the universal benefits, nowt about the fact that they could be paying higher council tax , and housing benefit lower, working mums , those on D.L.A. and other benefits , as we all know they will all be paying ,more or receiving less ,,,, yet not one mention of carers , who as we all know save the N.H.S. billions every year , we keep the elderly disabled out of the social care system for many years by looking after our relatives at home ( and not just to keep the house ), we receive the lowest benefit, and are the only claimants to have to prove we work for our benefit £53 per week , yet we did not even get a mention of the good work we do , do they just assume we are part of the big society and are prepared to work for nothing ???
we do not have a voice , we must get our point over , we need answers , we need to know what thefuture holds for us ..
before the election during the leadership debates , carers / social care was mentioned over the 2 nights , how pleased we all were to be at last part of the debate , fools that we were, we have been ignored by the coalition they will offer us no help be it financial or with respite care guarantees FOR ALL not just the poor carers ..
i my opinion the government have placed us within the benfit scroungers , who must be punished, simple as that...
On the news it`s all about the pensioners keeping the universal benefits, nowt about the fact that they could be paying higher council tax , and housing benefit lower, working mums , those on D.L.A. and other benefits , as we all know they will all be paying ,more or receiving less ,,,, yet not one mention of carers , who as we all know save the N.H.S. billions every year , we keep the elderly disabled out of the social care system for many years by looking after our relatives at home ( and not just to keep the house ), we receive the lowest benefit, and are the only claimants to have to prove we work for our benefit £53 per week , yet we did not even get a mention of the good work we do , do they just assume we are part of the big society and are prepared to work for nothing ???
we do not have a voice , we must get our point over , we need answers , we need to know what thefuture holds for us ..
before the election during the leadership debates , carers / social care was mentioned over the 2 nights , how pleased we all were to be at last part of the debate , fools that we were, we have been ignored by the coalition they will offer us no help be it financial or with respite care guarantees FOR ALL not just the poor carers ..
i my opinion the government have placed us within the benfit scroungers , who must be punished, simple as that...
Exactly, like Osbourne said "benefit scroungers are no better than muggers on the street who run upto you and steal your money" and i have yet heard them distinguish between "scroungers" and "genuine claimants" we just all got lumped in as benefit scroungers

they (the tories) are evil and dont give a damn about the genuine benefit claimants and the labour party seem useless when it comes to debating anythign except child benefits.. i gave up on Lib Dems growing a back bone, seems like clegg doesnt care what happens to the people as long as he keeps his position as deputy they're turncoats if ever i saw,

My Dad went to work since he was 14 years old until his mid 40s when he no longer could work due to his terminal illness, my brothers both worked from 16 years old until they could no longer work due to thier terminal illness.. my mom worked until she had to become a carer, it feels like a punch in the stomach when they class us all as scroungers.. do they even realise the damage thier words does to people, do they realise these so called scroungers worked hard all thier life until they could work no more, paid taxes into this god forsaken country just like everyone else.. makes me sick..
I noticed the lack of mention of carers both in the spending review and on the BBC's programs where they are looking at the effects of the spending review. I have emailed, texted and wrote on BBC Breakfast's facebook page saying what about the carers- how does it affect us? No reply and nothing about carers on TV.
i had a chat via the phone with someone from newsnight in response to e-mail nowt happened .
even today I.D.S. radio 4 news... you and yours went on and on about benefits but sadly did not call me back == not one mention of carers== we are the mushroom squad kept in the dark and fed on 5hit .....
i had a chat via the phone with someone from newsnight in response to e-mail nowt happened .
even today I.D.S. radio 4 news... you and yours went on and on about benefits but sadly did not call me back == not one mention of carers== we are the mushroom squad kept in the dark and fed on 5hit .....
All we can do is try to make sure people know and try to encourage the public to be concerned. Hopefully they'll leave the benfit reform to the next parliment and if we can get enough peopl to see how unfair their plans are may be they can be voted out.