To Hampshire Carers

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Could any body share some info here regarding the cuts...What is really happening to your areas in Hampshire (especially SE Hants)?

"Take responsibility" is getting a fashonable word in my area. It is almost like we have to do every thing by ourselves that include people who need a lot of care - we, Carers need support to provide informal care at home!!!

The cuts are so sudden and extreme that I feel.
Hi
I live in Hampshire and Ive not heard anything about cuts in my area. I know they are very keen to push Individual Budgets (a huge moneysaver) but other than that Im unaware.
Hi I live in Hampshire and yes it is difficult to get any help at all other than a basic care package. We could not even get a ramp to enable me to get my husband out of the house. I bought one eventually. We have also been promised a PA service for my husband but so far that has not materialised. All we get is excuse after excuse.
Could any body share some info here regarding the cuts...What is really happening to your areas in Hampshire (especially SE Hants)?

"Take responsibility" is getting a fashonable word in my area. It is almost like we have to do every thing by ourselves that include people who need a lot of care - we, Carers need support to provide informal care at home!!!

The cuts are so sudden and extreme that I feel.
I haven't been able to access the services I need even before this round of cost cutting as my children 'do not meet the criteria' inspite of 2 of them being eligble higher level care DLA and lower mobility and the older one middle rate care and lower mobility.
Thanks for your replies.
Sorry about not responding...being unwell for a while Image
Try not to think about the cuts too much but pressure has been going up and up...
I hope that our local Carers Centre will not be closed - the last thing we can lose!!
Thanks for your replies.
Sorry about not responding...being unwell for a while Image
Try not to think about the cuts too much but pressure has been going up and up...
I hope that our local Carers Centre will not be closed - the last thing we can lose!!
I recently moved to Hampshire (Fareham) where is the local Carers Centre and what are its aims?
I recently moved to Hampshire (Fareham) where is the local Carers Centre and what are its aims?
There might be some info for you here Maureen. Hope it helps

x
This Carers Centre is closer to your address but I do not know how far is catchment area though...worth contacting.

http://portsmouthcarers.org/

Take care.