[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Social Care Costs : Government & LA News / Plans / Actions - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Social Care Costs : Government & LA News / Plans / Actions

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
83 posts
Alleluia-A conservative U turn- all be it with an unknown cap.
Seems I wasn't the only one contacting my MP over the weekend.
So if the 100k system is dropped where is the money coming from?
Get the young/middle aged to pay more tax?
Scrap Trident?
Soak the rich?
Answers on a post card. :)
Shhhhh. They might do another u turn.
Henrietta wrote:Alleluia-A conservative U turn- all be it with an unknown cap.
Seems I wasn't the only one contacting my MP over the weekend.
No figures of the social care cap have been given plus a home still seems to be included in the value for assessment, so although it is being stated as a U turn it's still difficult to work out exactly what is being offered.

I'm might have said this already, but I fear that people will be put off finding care under the more expensive proposals.
Wonder how long before they go after carer's allowance?
Granny went into respite 2 weeks.1000 for the 2 weeks its a joke the charges. She is only on pension credit and no savings so they want 200 from her.still alot of money for someone on benefits just with no savings or assets at all
This is a huge worry now.Why are the Disabled & elderly being treated like This? I feel SICK with worry as to exactly what to do next.I own my property but my other half doesn't. I am scared of what happening.God help us all.Well seem to get better treatment at the Vets. Regards Amanda h
I'm also concerned at the lack of discussion on here.

I am really in the midst of all this as Mum has been in a care home a few months, has hardly any money left and her house is now on the market.
It's impossible to make a decision or campaign when so little is known.
It would be virtually impossible for them to renege on existing costs schemes so one hopes there would be no change for existing 'service users' as our carees are called

As Henrietta did, if you have concerns you should contact your mp

Just watching Newsnight. Things are still developing
Don't hold your breath for a reply.

When I contacted same MP about pittance of CA a year or so back, the reply eventualy appeared saying he hadn't personally bothered to claim it because it was easier to live off his savings for a while.

I agree- impossible to make an informed choice in the current state of afairs and unless a cap is forthcoming before June the 8th I shall be sticking a pin in the alternative candidates.
83 posts