[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Revolution NOW! - Carers UK Forum

Revolution NOW!

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
I think the Egyptians have just proved the point: if you are willing to get on the streets and make a noise, for a mere 18 days, you can achieve great things.
Sadly, from experience I think most British Carers are too apathetic and cosy to take real action to improve their situation. I dont mind people being angry or feeling impotent in the face of hardship, but I truly dislike people who have given up the fight before they even started on the basis of that old lie "I would go along but it won't change anything anyway!"
Sooner or later you have to accept that nobody is going to fight your battles for you.
Discuss ... and no feeble excuses about having a hair appointment or having a mountain of ironing to catch up on please ...
Excalibur-I can only talk for myself (I avoid hair appointments and ironing as much as possible)-I have not given up the fight as you put it-but any efforts are limited by my Caring responsibilities-I am also very wary of expressing my concerns lest my Caree views this as resentment towards helping them-I do not want to upset them-I try and express it in terms of "joint" beneficials but that is not always possible.I utilise the internet and occasionally attend marches -if replacement Care can be arranged-very limited but that is all I can do practically-perhaps you could suggest other ways I may have missed?
Sure, this is a good start...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov_cocktail

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Only joking, honest! Actually the thing I admire most about the Egyptian protest is that they achieved their goals through peaceful and dignified means. Lets see how they get on.
Be careful-there is probably a law about looking up such sites(making one now)FOR THE PURPOSES OF ANY DOUBT THIS IS A JOKE(think we got away with it?) Image Image

I like the fact you can edit this-yes it will be interesting to follow-I did think that there was going to be much bloodshed after he refused to go last night
Off to look at suitable tent to buy
WE need a suitable song,chant?
Well, I suppose if you want to stick to tradition you could do worse than this ... it needs a bit of restoration here and there, but what the heck ..!
The people's flag is deepest red,
It shrouded oft our martyred dead,
And ere their limbs grew stiff and cold,
Their hearts' blood dyed its ev'ry fold.

Then raise the scarlet standard high.
Within its shade we'll live and die,
Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer,
We'll keep the red flag flying here.

Look 'round, the Frenchman loves its blaze,
The sturdy German chants its praise,
In Moscow's vaults its hymns are sung
Chicago swells the surging throng.

It waved above our infant might,
When all ahead seemed dark as night;
It witnessed many a deed and vow,
We must not change its colour now.

It well recalls the triumphs past,
It gives the hope of peace at last;
The banner bright, the symbol plain,
Of human right and human gain.

It suits today the weak and base,
Whose minds are fixed on pelf and place
To cringe before the rich man's frown,
And haul the sacred emblem down.

With heads uncovered swear we all
To bear it onward till we fall;
Come dungeons dark or gallows grim,
This song shall be our parting hymn.

You old leftie you -I remember when they sang it at the end of Labour Party conferences-and they knew the words-good choice-it rekindles my youthful exuberance prior to a formation of middle-age cynicism-TO THE BARRICADES!!!!

PS It is not everyday you see the word "pelf"
PS It is not everyday you see the word "pelf"
Handy for Scrabble ... I had to look it up: it means wealth or riches, especially when dishonestly acquired.
Speaking of pelf, I wonder how much Mubarak has salted away for a rainy day - by some accounts he is worth 40 billion through endless graft - his accounts have been frozen and no doubt the incoming government will be expressing an interest - in a country like Egypt that could go a long way if wisely used.