[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Please complete the 2018 State of Caring Survey - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Please complete the 2018 State of Caring Survey

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Message from Laura ( CUK ) on FaceAche ... 29 March ... picked up by chance.

( No idea how to reply ... in any event , I demand openness ... no secret squirrels on my manor ! )

Reply ...annual survey questions.

With half the carer army ... 3.8 million or so , and increasing daily ... surviving below the official poverty line , time for
the questions asked to focus on the " Unholy Trinity " ... Eat / Heat / Roof ... just how severe is it really out there ?

( Level of debt for rent / utilities ... foodbank usage ... housing issues for social / btl tenants ... all vital to understanding
the problems facing this half. )

Trouble is , as the survey is Internet only , how do CUK reach this half of the carer army ???

A survey is virtually worthless if so many are excluded , leaving those with not as severe problems completing it.

End result ?

A false picture of CarerLand.

( A few thousand better off carers representing 7.8 million ??? )

Try reading the threads on this forum regularly ... much more imformative than any cherry picked survey !
Reading a reply on another thread reminded me of the " Annual Survey. "

Any chance some of the questions can be bounced off us first ?

After all , we ALL want an accurate a picture of CarerLand in 2020 as possible... don't we ?

One from me ... " Ever used a food bank in the past calendar year ? If so , how often ... ( display options). "

There again , if confining survey to members , hardly any will reply " Yes " ... ?

( Juggling work with caring ... could be interesting ... if the right question is asked ?

As would a question on the impact of the continuing freeze on benefits ?

Hospital discharges ... waiting times for Needs and Carer assessments ... rent arrears ... level
of personal debt : increase / decrease ... etc. etc. )
The survey always annoyed me when I was a multiple carer with five carees, no allowance for this on the survey.