[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Please back our new campaign - the hardest hit - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

Please back our new campaign - the hardest hit

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
I had intended to listen when I had time thinking that it would be available after the programme but find that it is not Image . Maybe the BBC will publish a transcript, very annoying as if I had not been busy I could have listened to it when it was broadcast.
This is just one of the things that Mark Littlewood stated at the end of the programme. I wrote it down as he said it. "It is special pleading from self interest groups."
Parsifasl- You and Yours now available-http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 0_05_2011/
Carers UK have just said that his comments have been causing a stir on Twitter.
Parsifasl- You and Yours now available-http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 0_05_2011/

Thank you, there must be a time lapse before the programme becomes available, I have just arrived home so once we are settled I will listen to it.
we need to go out and work ... this one of the problems we have re the disabled who are of working age , because a few , dont ask me how many, have been able to return to work the government believe the best way to help all those who are disabled is to "HELP " them to return to work, when they should be supporting those who cant work and help those who " want" to return to work , we have the same argument re the six million carers, the government cant understand why some 500-000 carers believe the best form of care is to work one on one with a disabled family member be they young or old , if five million + can care and work why cant we all care and work , that is how those in power see us full time 24/7 carers, they only want to help us return to work and provide help with care from ---volunteers or ??????
Mark Littlewood suggested volunteers George. Don't know where he intends to find them, as we will all be out working to earn money,according to the Government.
we will be doing but for nothing as thats what will happen.
Reply from Maria Miller to a carer

[quote]Today I finally got a letter from my constituency MP Maria Miller, who is also the Minister for Disabled People, in reply to my email to her of 11th May in support of the Hardest Hit campaign]

"Thank you for contacting me about the Hardest Hit campaign.

I believe that the Government owes a duty to disabled people to promote their independence and equality and I also believe that it has a duty to ensure that it has the right governance in place to deliver this support efficiently and sensibly.

see in full here
I wasn't impressed with her at the CUK AGM in 2009. If anything she's worse than I remember.