[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Please back our new campaign - the hardest hit - Carers UK Forum

Please back our new campaign - the hardest hit

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Carers UK has teamed up with other charities and groups to launch The Hardest Hit - a new campaign to fight cuts to disability benefits.

Many are living in fear of huge cuts to essential benefits including Disability Living Allowance (cut by £2.17 billion) and Employment and Support Allowance (cut by £2 billion). The total cuts will mean an estimated £9 billion loss to families’ incomes over the next four years, on top of cuts to many local care and support services.

Here's what we need you to do.

1. Visit the campaign website http://www.hardesthit.org.uk

2. Join the facebook group and tell all your facebook friends.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Harde ... 4520501566

3. Email EVERYONE you know about the campaign

4. Send an email to your MP and to Maria Miller the Minister for Disabled People and Carers. You can do this using our automatically generated letter - click the link on http://www.hardesthit.org.uk/

5. Come to London on May 11th and join thousands of disabled people, their family and friends as we march, lobby and rally to express our solidarity and anger at the cuts threatening benefits, services, jobs and rights.

6. If you can't come to London - send us photos, videos of your own virtual protest.

Please support this and I want EVERY SINGLE ONE of you to do something for this campaign!

If you don't I'll tell Rosemary and they'll be trouble Image Image

About the DBC
The Disability Benefits Consortium (DBC) is a national coalition of over 40 different charities and other organisations committed to working towards a fair benefits system.

Members
Action for Blind People, Action for M.E., Age UK, Arthritis Care, Breast Cancer Care, Carers UK, Child Poverty Action Group, Citizens Advice, Clic Sargent, Cystic Fibrosis Trust, Deafblind UK, Disability Alliance, Every Disabled Child Matters, Guide Dogs, Haemophilia Society, LASA, Leaning Disability Coalition, Leonard Cheshire Disability, Macmillan Cancer Support, Mencap, Meningitis Research Foundation, Mind, Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Association, MS Society, Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, National AIDS Trust, National Autistic Society (NAS), National Deaf Children’s Society, Parkinson’s UK, Rethink, Royal Association for Disability Rights (RADAR), Royal National Institute for Deaf People (RNID), Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB), RSI Action, Scope, Sense, Skill, Sue Ryder, TUC, United Response, Vitalise.
Thanks for that Matt. Will check the sites and do what we can.
Facebook group for the March & lobby on May 11th
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=207051119311269
I am surprised not to see either the Downs Association or Diabetes UK involved.
Downs Association is showing a lot of info on Facebook,I usually share it on my page,but it would be more useful for them to be with all of these charities too.
I am surprised not to see either the Downs Association or Diabetes UK involved. Downs Association is showing a lot of info on Facebook,I usually share it on my page,but it would be more useful for them to be with all of these charities too.
I don;t think they are part of Disability Benefits Consortium.
Good idea, but what a shame they couldnt hold it at the weekend: many carers and carees find it hard to get away during the week.
I am surprised not to see either the Downs Association or Diabetes UK involved.
Downs Association is showing a lot of info on Facebook,I usually share it on my page,but it would be more useful for them to be with all of these charities too.
Send them the details yourself Jane and see if they will add details to their own website to help raise awareness.

x x
Will do all we can here.
its just too costly to get to london. i would love to be there but it has to be balanced out.
hadn't thought of that Rosemary. Thank you.