[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Petition on DLA mobility component - Carers UK Forum

Petition on DLA mobility component

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
I know Rosemary has already posted one of these from the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, but this one is likely to be bigger!

It is organised by the Disability Benefits Consortium, which Carers UK are part of - a big group of charities representing people with disabilities and long term conditions and their families, who are working on the Government's proposals on cuts and changes to benefits.

Sign our petition calling for the Government to keep Disability Living Allowance mobility component for people in residential care.

Leading disability organisations are joining forces and calling for the Government to keep Disability Living Allowance mobility component for people in residential care.

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) mobility component helps meet some of the extra costs disabled people can face getting around, for example, taxis (where there is no accessible public transport), electric wheelchairs and mobility aids. However, the Government plans to stop paying DLA mobility to people living in residential care and this will mean that many people will no longer have the money to meet these extra costs and face being trapped at home.

Help us to campaign against this cut by signing our petition at www.surveymonkey.com/s/dlasign

Steve
Carers UK
When I typed my first name into the survey, my MAIDEN surname came up on the surname line. I have been married for not far off 27 years now,and cannot believe how that appeared there. My correct email address came up, it is a puzzle. My maiden surname was Cornock, so not a name that would be picked out of a hat!

I signed it by the way!
Done

Disingenuous, isn't it, to say in one breath "take part in the consultation" and in the other to state that it's a done deal and set in stone already?

Signed.
Signed
Disingenuous, isn't it, to say in one breath "take part in the consultation" and in the other to state that it's a done deal and set in stone already?

Signed.
Isn't it always? How many times I have read of changes brought through and always it is stated in consultation with, then goes on to list from the top various charities, disabled people etc in order for it to look like these people welcomed everything!
Perhaps everyone should refuse to consult in this way and just prepare their own collective opinion in order that this cannot continue.
Vicky
I've known organisations to be listed as having been consulted when they were not, Vicky.
Signed
done it