[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Census reveals major rise in numbers of unpaid family carers - Carers UK Forum

Census reveals major rise in numbers of unpaid family carers

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
The number of people providing unpaid care for disabled, sick or elderly relatives and loved ones has risen substantially in the last decade.

Census data released today (11/12/12) by the government reveals that the number of carers increased from 5.2 million to 5.8 million in England and Wales between 2001 and 2011. The greatest rise has been among those providing over 20 hours care – the point at which caring starts to significantly impact on the health and wellbeing of the carer, and their ability to hold down paid employment alongside their caring responsibilities
http://www.carersuk.org/newsroom/item/2 ... ily-carers
Finally.

When I looked at the figures for my area I was struck by the increase in the number of people at the over 50 hours end of caring. Interestingly, in two out of three council areas the increase was about the same - 2% up. The other area, which was first to embrace Personalisation and first to make big cuts, over 3% up.