[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Open letter to PM on social care - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Open letter to PM on social care

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Thanks for bringing that up Parsifal - that is the situation in which I find myself. I receive DLA and Carers Allowance and I am pretty sure they will take my DLA off me when looking at the PIP descriptors. Who is standing up for people like us. Son is too old for the childrens hospice and too young for the adult and his respite is beig cut right back in preparation to kicking him out of the childrens hospice altogether despite there being nothing else for him to go to. Are we just to care until we drop down dead - because I can assure Carers UK that is something which could happen since hubby and I both have heart problems in addition to everything else. How could you get that so wrong Carers UK? How can you claim to represent us when you don't even include us in your press release and only talk about the elderly - we are carers too you know.

Eun
thanks steve,i could be in the same position as somebody caring for the elderly,say in 3 years or so a care home could be a real decision for me to make for a woman who would be 45 years old and not of retirement age,so facing all the same problems as would be expected with elderly care,how would i stand with funding for example,the kids and i can't live in a tent because the house would fund care,all worries to be sorted in a dire situation.