[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ATOS doctors - Carers UK Forum

ATOS doctors

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
ATOS worker sneers at "down and outs"
By Andrew Penman on August 10, 2011 11:00 PM in Health

Messing up in spades is how we've previously described Atos Healthcare, the private firm with a £100million Government contract to assess who deserves sickness benefits and who's faking it.

Last month it was revealed that 150,000 people who were refused full benefits by Atos had that decision overturned on appeal.

If that makes Atos sound heartless, it's nothing compared to what one of its assessors has been posting on her Facebook page in Middlesbrough.

Among Debbie Carr's comments about the sick and disabled, there's: "Oh god another day here with the down and outs arggggg!" And: "Well that's the end of my holidays! Back to work tomorrow with the down and outs I suppose..."

And: "Thank god it's Friday last day in this god forsaken place with the down and outs!"

The company told us: "Atos Healthcare is investigating the claims made about inappropriate comments written by one of its healthcare professionals on a social media website. Atos Healthcare is committed to providing a high quality, professional service to the DWP and expects the same of all its employees. Where it is found that these standards are not adhered to, this is taken very seriously and appropriate disciplinary action taken."

Debbie Carr put the phone down when we called. None of the comments on her page - now removed - were protected by a privacy wall and they could be read by anyone, including those being assessed by Atos.

Among them was a disability claimant who said: "It is humiliating and embarrassing enough having to go for one of these tests without Atos employees setting up Facebook accounts and having a laugh at our misfortune."

Another said: "I am hoping that you will support disabled and genuinely sick people everywhere and do what you can to stamp out this despicable behaviour. Society is being divided into two groups, those who are fortunate enough to have their health and employment, and those without either. The first group are being encouraged to criminalise and vilify the latter group."
according to the guardian 12 doctors who work for atos are being struck off
doesn't surprise me in my experience of them they don't give AToss
about time the government struck off atos!

And LOL Dipsy Image
sorry I couldn't help myself!!
After all the scare stories I'm almost a teensy-weensy bit disappointed my boy was just put onto the ESA support group without a whimper: no medical, no interview, nothing. Maybe they knew from previous experience and heresay what a bolshie character I can be and decided to throw in the towel without a fight! Image Image
what is an atos doctor i have never herd of them i take it they are no good help please Image
Have a look here Trevor

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/healthcare-profes ... ealthcare/

and here

http://www.atoshealthcare.com/index.php ... Itemid=294

unfortunately as a number of people have already found out they don't always get it right !
I joined the 2 threads about Atos doctors so all kept in same place.
Atos help lines for clinicians

Please do not give these numbers to patients. It doesnt mention carers, ha ha ha!
Birmingham 0121 626 2941
Bootle 0151 934 6070
Bristol 0117 971 8382
Cardiff 029 2058 6750
Croydon 0208 633 1324
Edinburgh 0131 222 5055
Glasgow 0141 249 3616
Leeds 0113 230 9068
Manchester 0121 335 0720
Newcastle 01264 837 789
Nottingham 0115 975 8362
Wembley 0208 795 8772