[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carer's Petition - Carers UK Forum

Carer's Petition

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Post a reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dear all,
I have just joined and wanted to let you all know that I have started a petition for an increase to CA. I'd love it if people get behind it: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/122628

I'd just like to make it clear that the aims are deliberately and pragmatically low, just to get this debated, and to raise awareness. I do not in any way think that carers SHOULD only get as much as job-seekers. I just view it as insulting that we get LESS.

Yes, we should get much, much more. However by aiming for a small increase it avoids the "magic money tree" arguments. It also escapes the idea that carers want something for nothing, or for very little. We and only we know how much work it is caring for someone. That carers do so much, for too little is not the point.The point is that by couching it in terms of what amounts to working hours for other benefits, and what amounts to a benefit for job seekers, anyone, not just carers will be able to see that carers do more work, and have higher costs than job-seekers, but receive less money as a result. Anyone, not just carers, can see that is a ridiculous situation. I therefore drafted this petition in terms that anyone can see isn't fair.

So to all carers out there, please be aware I mean no offence, and please lend your support.
Caring can be 24x7. However 'keen' an employed person is to get a job (and not all are.....), they're not going to be job hunting 24x7.....
Quite shocked that only 834 people have signed this petition.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable