The Dilnot report was being kicked around in the house of Lords yesterday , I am not sure if this report will be of much use in the long run ..it does nothing for carers at all, i know full well the report was not about carers but for the funding residential social care , it will raise the level of savings to £100-000 before the elderly person will have to pay for their care but as so many forget the £100-000 level is for the health care element alone the "board and lodgings " as they now call it will still be met by the elderly resident ..he suggests a cap on the board and lodgings payment to be set at about £200 per week but i for one cant see that being agreed by the treasury , a cap of £200 per week for the board and lodgings would be a great help to those who have a good private / occupational/war related pensions most of which pay well over the £200 per week that would leave the elderly resident with a good pension with some cash to spend on their family while those with savings and a home can or may be able to leave the family a good inheritance , i cant rem,ember the exact figure but the report was said to cost the treasury about 2-3 billion quid which may grow over the years so who will pay for that just this week we have had the scandal of home care and the previous months the problems with residential care homes the funding of social care is indeed a bottomless pit a black hole that not even George Osborne will want to look into ......