New Carers UK research for Carers Week

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Vanessa_19051 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:09 pm
Hi My name is Vanessa. My husband and daughter are both in receipt of PIP. Two years ago it became impossible for me to work any longer. It would be a great help if I could claim Carers' Allowance for both of them, but I can't. Comments/views are very welcome.
Thanks for your post Vanessa. As our helpline adviser Suzette is answering your questions on all aspects of carers' benefits, finances and community care on the forum this week , I will send your post to her. You will then be able to see Suzette's response in the following thread in the next couple of days.

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/social-a ... fits-37219

Michael
Ha, yes Chris, how's the Gulag?
Malt vinegar? That's the only kind of malt in my cupboard.

I should have emphasised the PERSONALISED aspect of carer mug promotion.
Gulag ?

Quiet ... lockdown a few days ago ... WWII tank went awol up the road in Donnington ... just a precaution in case
our long overdue rescue party were finally on their way.

Carers week ?

As reported elsewhere ... business as usual at our local food bank ... no sign of any suits or academics prowling around.

Usually spot 'em a mile off ... just look for their security guards ... and listen for the cacaphony of sound fron an old fashioned tin panning to alert the natives.

I need to dig very deep to come up with anything worth reporting on activities that MEAN something ... perhaps a short
video of Mo and other carers morris dancing in the shires to break the monotony ?

The price for the publishing rights to the first carer being arrested for dressing up as a guide dog and being thrown off
a bus for refusing to pay his fare is increasing fast !

BACK TO THREAD !!!
Why should carers who reach state pension lose the carers allowance. The caring duties don't just stop.

I added this to ....

https://warwick.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/f ... EnuWbbhsBn

This website is for you to give your thoughts and ideas on making a better UK welfare benefits system!

If you only add the above injustice to this online survey. Please add it's important!!