[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nappies/incontinance pads - Carers UK Forum

nappies/incontinance pads

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
i was hearing on another forum that some PHT are reducing the numbers of pads that a person is entitled to per day cutting to a maximum of 5 a day.

i know this is not nearly enough for my garry.

myra
i was hearing on another forum that some PHT are reducing the numbers of pads that a person is entitled to per day cutting to a maximum of 5 a day.

i know this is not nearly enough for my garry.

myra
I guess you'll have to find a way to buy some. I know some incontence pads can be bought (they do more online than in shops). Then there is the problems of finding the money....
In both areas where I have lived four is the maximum. We had just moved here when the manufacturer was changed and the new pads do not fit and leak so we are faced with having to buy them ourselves, this is the second time this has happened to us in two different regions, incontinence services seem to be a Cinderella service and one of the first to be effected when cuts are made. Despite numerous complaints, not least because users and DNs were not consulted before the change of supplier, we are stuck with pads which do not do the job or paying for them ourselves for a year until the end of the current contract with no guarantee that adequate pads will be supplied again.

I do wonder how the government thinks that people like us are going to survive financially, we are seeing cuts in our incomes, rising prices for essentials such as food, heating and transport, increasingly having to find the money to meet costs of disability which were once met by the NHS and LAs out of our dwindling incomes and now they are proposing to reduce the number of people in receipt of DLA which goes some way towards meeting our additional costs Image .
to save money (and this is amys idea) she wants to try every other night going through the night with out her dry nights
we can afford them but shes insistant, she has a washable bed mat and im lifting her every 2 hours to save her some dignity
she is having trouble through the day as well and has started wear ing panty liners ,
we try to save the dignity of those we love but there always seems to be some government cut back getting in the way
In both areas where I have lived four is the maximum. We had just moved here when the manufacturer was changed and the new pads do not fit and leak so we are faced with having to buy them ourselves, this is the second time this has happened to us in two different regions, incontinence services seem to be a Cinderella service and one of the first to be effected when cuts are made. Despite numerous complaints, not least because users and DNs were not consulted before the change of supplier, we are stuck with pads which do not do the job or paying for them ourselves for a year until the end of the current contract with no guarantee that adequate pads will be supplied again.

I do wonder how the government thinks that people like us are going to survive financially, we are seeing cuts in our incomes, rising prices for essentials such as food, heating and transport, increasingly having to find the money to meet costs of disability which were once met by the NHS and LAs out of our dwindling incomes and now they are proposing to reduce the number of people in receipt of DLA which goes some way towards meeting our additional costs Image .
I guess he thinks we should go out and get a job because he probably thinks those who don't continue to get DLA/PIPs didn't deserve it in the first place and them and their carers should be out at work instead of being lazy. Problem is its not just the ones who are cheating the system that get kicked off of the benefits with the kind of tests they are bringing in- and have been bringing in when it comes to those who have been claiming IB from what I've heard.

Eldest Daughter reaches her 16th birthday this year - and her DLA is up for review this year Image

Even though she still needs MRC (she goes into meltdown when we try to teach her how to read bus timetables, still really needs someone to go out with her because she has the road safety sense of most cats, we still have to replace smashed doors, etc.), how is she going to be assessed?

Is she going to be assessed face-to-face by that nasty bunch, Atos?

What on the earth is going to happen? Image

As if life isn't crappy enough as it is... Image

Sezzie.
Just hear its going down to 3... but I contacted local incontinence service as I'm new to system and none too pleased with comments from DN. They were only too pleased to help and said if I have any problems in future to contact them. Newbie
Who on earth comes up with these figures. Only 3 pads a day!!!!!
How much is the cost going to be to treat all the skin problems and infections that are going to be caused because people have been sat in wet/dirty pads