[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MYTH: Cutting public spending will help us avoid economic di - Carers UK Forum

MYTH: Cutting public spending will help us avoid economic di

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
A range of economists, from Larry Elliott of the Guardian to Nobel prize winning professors like Paul Krugman and Joseph Stiglitz, are warning that making cuts now raises the very real possibility of undermining the fragile economic recovery.

http://www.redpepper.org.uk/countering-the-cuts-myths/
Good article. Cuts equals removing money from the economy never a good time to take money out of the economy but even worse to do it during a depression/recession because it will hit the poorest of society much harder than the wealthy. As Cameron says we are all in it together which is true we are, but some of us are up to our necks in it and some barely up to their ankles.
Very interesting. Thanks Excalibur.
If you looked you could find other economists with the opposite view, alot of these views are from people who tend to follow politics and parties and there views echo this, economists from other countrys have differant views on the UK, some with support and some without. Only the future can tell who was right or wrong.
Only the future can tell who was right or wrong.
Yes, but I cant afford to wait that long. Image
Difficult for me to formulate an opinion on this because I have not studied economics other than from a lay person’s perspective

I agree with this statement:
“We don't have to live in a world where there is no limit to how much of our collective economic output goes to the rich, yet others do not have enough to eatâ€
The economic policy as outlined by the present UK Government is ideological-all this nonsense about "no money left", "maxing on the Nation's credit card"-is exactly that-no serious person with any economic knowledge actually believe such tosh-a simplistic soundbite to attempt to fool the public--notice the reform as stated to the NHS and Welfare actually significantly increases expenditure -largely redirecting it from the State to the private sector, Government sponsored unemployment costs far more than retaining people-the time of Thatcher although painted as a time of lessening of Government spending was apart from one year exactly the opposite.Ask yourself who benefits from the privatisation of the NHS and large tracts of welfare provision-who funds the main party behind the policies.Tories,I am biased I admit profess to be economically literate-they have never and are not now showing any evidence whatsoever to this claim.
I think the wage differentiation thread by Excalibur says it all, really.

http://www.carersuk.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=14976