My original e mail to David cameron response below

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
To: CAMERON, David
Subject: Carers allowance

Could David Cameron explain to me why as a carer and reaching my 60th birthday when my carer allowance has been taken away in favour of my old age pension because of the benefit overlapping rule. Although I will be caring for our daughter well into very old age
When an amendment was tabled in the house of commons in February NO BODY from the conservative party supported it
Linda Pestano

Please see their response to my e mail below and my response to that
Hi Linda, it's great that you've got in touch with David Cameron to highlight how poorly treated many carers are by the benefits system, and as the reply from his office makes clear, the Conservatives are reviewing their policies at the moment, so definitely up for grabs.

Seems everyone wants carers' views at the moment, the Government are asking carers what should be in the updated National Carers Strategy due out next Feb: www.newdealforcarers.org

the consultation runs until the end of Sept so you've still got time to get your points in.

And finally, if you want to contact your own MP and find out what they are doing for carers]www.theyworkforyou.com[/url] to see how they've voted on carers' debates in the House of Commons - as Linda did.

If you do get in touch with MPs, tell us about it, and any response you get. It all helps,
thanks
Clare