Lord Kitch Recruitment Poster : Our Tombstone : ALL Major Issues Under One Thread

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.

We have run out of money.

The country is in crisis , social care is in meltdown , and my gold plated pension scheme is in deficit.

We need volunteers for the carers army.

Unsung heroes that have bailed us out for years.

Despite terrible conditions , hardly any pay , no prospects , nearly no support and no exercisable rights enjoyed by others , hundreds if not low thousands " Volunteer " for duty every month.

We need more ... otherwise the 40% tax rate may have to rise ...

It beats being unemployed even if we pay them more than you !

Age ? Not a problem. As young as 5 , as old as 103 , we take them all !

Disabled ? No problem , many disabled carers are already enlisted.

When you start to receive your state pension , we will , of course , cease to pay you Carers Allowance.

After all , we can't let you receive more than one " Benefit " can we ?

If you find any spare time while caring , why not find yourself some paid employment ? If you earn more than £ 120 per week , no Carers Allowance will be paid , an 100% clawback.

Why not study to improve your future prospects ? If you spend more than 21 hours per week studying , we will , of course , not pay you any Carers Allowance. If any problems , we wil require written evidence of your mode of study just to ensure that you are not pulling a fast one.

Why not be really patriotic and care for 2 or 3 ? Sorry we cannot afford to provide any extra rations.

If more than one of you is needed to care for a caree , sorry , only one Carers Allowance ration allowed.

Caree in hospital ? I hope it's not longer than 28 days as we will have to stop your Carers Allowance ration. Travelling each day to visit your caree and / or staying over ? How good of you but don't expect us to pick up the tab.

We'll even tax some of you for having extra space in your homes. After all , we cannot afford to increase taxes and loose votes , can we ?

Travelling on public transport with your caree ? Fine , full fare like everyone else ... except for guide dogs of course , they go free ! So , to get free transport , just dress up as a guide dog and travel with your caree !

For a few of the lucky ones who have fallen through the net , free meals are on offer from your local food bank. Latest figures show a minimum of 100,000 of you taking advantage of our generous offer !

Even top ups for those prepayment meters that go round like catherine wheels whenever you put that kettle on ! And , if they spin too fast and catch fire , we send out the fire brigade at no cost to yourself !

And , when your caring days are ended , don't expect us to provide a " Former Carers Welfare Officer " to help you adjust to life on the outside. We only provide that service to prisoners !

Caring days ended and residing in social housing , and not on the tenancy ? Oh dear ... bad luck ... your local cardboard city awaits while you
find yourself a job and somewhere to live.

If you sign on at your local job centre for JSA , we will not take into account Carers Allowance as contributions , we will only pay you JSA if your income is below the financial limit currently in operation. Sorry , but caring is disallowed for automatic JSA. So , if he cannot afford to lose £ 62.50 per week when your caring end , get a job like everyone else.

No union. No representation. We have even gagged your supporting organisations.

Zero hour contracts ? There are no contracts in your gulag ..... sorry , world , to worry about.

Just keep caring until you drop. That's all we ask ... and expect from you.

Your time is now !

Trouble is , he is not kidding .... and never has been ?
Anything missed out from the basic grievances for most carers ?
I will update this once news of the meeting ( David Mowat / All Party Carers Group ... seperate thread ) is made available , and do a second round of " Reminders " to external sources ... time for the Guardian social care mob to feature the carer army ... only been trying since .... 2008 ?

Hopefully , one or two may have stopped to ponder the message contained therein , still no sign of any action anywhere. To be expected given the ultimate " Power " contained within the carer army should it ever be unleashed.

If anyone with photoshop , or similar , skills wants to assist in a more poignant poster , just send me a pm.

Kitchener / graveyard / gulag / food bank queue ... take your pick.

In time , a sound bite to be added , taken from that well known carers anthem based on infamous Millwall anthem :

No one cares for us ,
No one cares for us ,
We don't care ,
We are carers ,
Simply carers ,
From the ....pit ?

Release it as a charity single ... after my commission , of course ?

Imagine half a dozen carers singing that on their way to meet with an mp at the House with the Guiness Book of Records on standby for a new record in the number of police vehicles despatched inside three minutes ?

Never know , even Rod Stewart might sue us for plagiarism unlike taking on Millwall ... of course !

Would be great for publising our Plight ... your honour ?
Copies of Lord Kitch are on their way ... in batches ... to my email mailing list of contacts across the whole spectrum again ... purely as a reminder as to what needs addressing in CarerLand.

" And no barking at guide dogs ! We need them on our side for the Travel Concessions thread ! "

" Oi , you lot ! We need you over 'ere for the 21 Hour Rule thread ! "

Kids today ? Only a 1p on a pint in the Students Union bar and they're all out !!!

Still , I won't last long enough to appear before one of those in the front , now dressed in robes ???

Our Voice ... loud and clear ... and no niceties for our lordships and the suits ... straight from the street / gulag / food banks ... our very soul ... a voice that literally cries to be heard ... ?

Feel free to COPY / PASTE into your emails to anyone you think should be made aware of our Plight . all that is needed is your effort and time ... not a donation in cash ... simples ?

No doubt , most will be classified as SPAM and deleted ... the few that get through the front line will be read ... many then deleted ... a precious few may be forwarded on ...

Any Faceache / Facebook users on 'ere ?

Please get a few up on that .... site.

" Why do carers matter when the election is all about Brexit ... how to preserve status / power / privileges / wealth / fiefdoms afterwards ... that's REALLY all that matters ... and has been so for ... centuries ? "

Still , better try to do something rather than nothing ?

What's the usual Oliver Twist and his begging bowl approach ever achieved ?

After 40 odd years , poor beggar is still on a zero hours contact !

If only we were in Ireland ........

http://www.carersuk.org/forum/news-camp ... land-27529

I , and other activists ( Wherever they are ? ) could take a back seat and leave all this in the capable hands of others ... leaving us free to take on the Big Two ... Concessionary Travel Scheme / 21 Hour Rule ... only a mere £ 400 / 500 million at stake in those two alone ....

" No one cares for us ,
No one cares for us ,
We don't care ,
We are carers ,
Simply carers ,
From the ....pit ? "

" Oi squire ? £ 1 on carers getting anything ? What would I win ? "

" Mits off ! That's to save around 100,000 of our fellow carers having to use food banks for food / heat / essential household and sanitary goods / clothing / footwear / perhaps even travel vouchers ( In pipeline ! ) for the next couple of years !

After all , if WE don't look after our own , WHO will ?

Anyway , probably need double that to do the same job by 2020 !

How does THAT compare with other " Visions " about ?

Anyone need a crystal ball or chicken entrails for that ? "

Just watch the queues increasing , week by week , with local plod guiding traffic come winter !

In Carerland ... all carers are carers , some need a little more help to survive than others ... Marx ?

No ! Me ... and I don't need a degree in the ** beep ** obvious to say it !

Some out there governing our lives as carers have a Ph.D in it ! "
Missed out about the carers allowance being stopped when the cared for is in hospital for more than 28 days. Missed out only one can get CA even when two are needed to care 24/7 so only one gets their pension rights (such as they are) protected. Having the CA stopped when Rob was in Hospital is now going to affect my pension if I ever get one!

Eun
Thanks Eun ... amending after posting this.

Not bad , one reader spotting an error after ... 100+ days ... ???

Apologies to all for missing out two obvious ones ... another cut in my rations no doubt ?

Done !

If more than one of you is needed to care for a caree , sorry , only one Carers Allowance ration allowed.

Caree in hospital ? I hope it's not longer than 28 days as we will have to stop your Carers Allowance ration. Travelling each day to visit your caree and / or staying over ? How good of you but don't expect us to pick up the tab.
Was going to put up the George Grosz poster from WW1 ,it shows a skeleton being passed fit for service during a medical ,can't be bothered .
Did you really have to show us a photo of you know who ?.
If it was one of a certain individual better known for applying the boot to numerous carees , I did transgress a little there ... the cartoon analogy should make up for my excuse ?

Have this one on me ....

As Frankie would have said ..... " Oooh noo, please, it's wicked to mock the afflicted ! "
Latest batch of Lord Kitch's finest sent out !

Brexit Cost ? Pocket Change ! How About £ 132 BILLION + ?

frownland to you (BCC) + 23 more

Hi .... General Election .... Brexit ?

There is one other Issue never prominent in any political campaign.

6 million + family carers saving somewhere north of £ 132 BILLION
per annum ... under terms and conditions that make some Third World
countries seem generous.

Carers Allowance ? £ 14 per week increase ... over 10 YEARS !!!

77p PER HOUR , falling if you care for more than 35 hours a week !!!

Let our " Lord Kitch " explain in plain English what's on offer for us :

We have run out of money.

The country is in crisis , social care is in meltdown , and my gold plated pension scheme is in deficit.

We need volunteers for the carers army.

Unsung heroes that have bailed us out for years.

Despite terrible conditions , hardly any pay , no prospects , nearly no support and no exercisable rights enjoyed by others , hundreds if not low thousands " Volunteer " for duty every month.

We need more ... otherwise the 40% tax rate may have to rise ...

It beats being unemployed even if we pay them more than you !

Age ? Not a problem. As young as 5 , as old as 95 , we take them all !

Disabled ? No problem , many disabled carers are already enlisted.

When you start to receive your state pension , we will , of course , cease to pay you Carers Allowance.

After all , we can't let you receive more than one " Benefit " can we ?

If you find any spare time while caring , why not find yourself some paid employment ? If you earn more than £ 120 per week , no Carers Allowance will be paid , an 100% clawback.

Why not study to improve your future prospects ? If you spend more than 21 hours per week studying , we will , of course , not pay you any Carers Allowance. If any problems , we wil require written evidence of your mode of study just to ensure that you are not pulling a fast one.

Why not be really patriotic and care for 2 or 3 ? Sorry we cannot afford to provide any extra rations.

Travelling on public transport with your caree ? Fine , full fare like everyone else ... except for guide dogs of course , they go free ! So , to get free transport , just dress up as a guide dog and travel with your caree !

Guide dogs have Rights to accompany their caree , you as carers don't !!!

We'll even tax some of you for having extra space in your homes. After all , we cannot afford to increase taxes and loose votes , can we ?

For a few of the lucky ones who have fallen through the net , free meals are on offer from your local food bank. Latest figures show a minimum of 100,000 of you taking advantage of our generous offer !

Even top ups for those prepayment meters that go round like catherine wheels whenever you put that kettle on ! And , if they spin too fast and catch fire , we send out the fire brigade at no cost to yourself !

No union. No representation. We have even gagged your supporting organisations.

Zero hour contracts ? There are no contracts in your gulag ..... sorry , world , to worry about.

Just keep caring until you drop. That's all we ask ... and expect from you.

Your time is now !

Trouble is , he is not kidding .... and never has been ?

Delete ?

Kindest
( On behalf of 6 million + carers )

Typical ... bank holiday weekend.

In CarerLand , what is a " Bank holiday " and " Weekend " ?

Not in most of our dictionaires ?

How about our supporting organisations ?

The Plight of carers ?

Office hours only ... squire !

Office hours for many of us are 24 a day , 365 days over a year ..... what are yours ???

Still , the election's coming up ... time for a change ?

Looks like the Mods are after me again ?

Seems that we have some allies ?

Perhaps for use with our own supporting organisations ???