[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New credit scheme for unpaid carers - April 2010 - Carers UK Forum

New credit scheme for unpaid carers - April 2010

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Press association

The Government has urged people who are caring for a friend or relative to take advantage of a new scheme to build up their state pension entitlement.

From April anyone who is looking after someone for more than 20 hours a week but is not being paid to do so can qualify for the new Carer's Credit, which will count towards their entitlement for the basic and second state pension.
Somebody contacted us at work about this: but the details of the scheme had still not been published by Friday - a little over a month away!! Image
well that has solved one problem i now know that i am a paid carer .......
that has solved one problem i now know that i am a paid carer .......
How do you mean george? Image
marie x
Our press release on this is on homepage and you can find out more on the information pages.
http://www.carersuk.org/Newsandcampaign ... tfromApril

Info at
http://www.carersuk.org/Information/Car ... ersCredits

This is very exciting and will make a huge difference to carers in the long term, allowing people of working age now to build up their state pension through caring - even if they can;t get Carers Allowance - for example

You care for 20 hours or more a week but miss out on Carer's Allowance because you don't care for 35 hours or more
You care for someone who can't get or refuses to claim disability benefits
Where there is more than one of you caring for a disabled or ill person and someone else is getting the Carer's Allowance for that person
You look after several people but cannot claim Carer's Allowance because you do not care for any one of them for 35 hour

Matt
Its a bad link Matt on the main news page, could someone edit it?

Sorry but the page you have asked for cannot be found.
Requested URL: http://www.carersuk.org/www.direct.gov.uk

This may be because the information has been moved or updated, or because the address you typed is incorrect.
Its a bad link Matt on the main news page, could someone edit it? .
Sorry about that it's now fixed
As far as i know we have to work 35 hours per week and get the allowance the new scheme says 20 hours unpaid so i assume they will not be in reciept of the carers allowance as they do not do the minimum of 35 hours care work . i have pension secured now with the home rsponsabilities tyhingy bob wotsit

i`ve just reead the link and to me it does mean we are classed as paid carers ....
As far as i know we have to work 35 hours per week and get the allowance the new scheme says 20 hours unpaid so i assume they will not be in reciept of the carers allowance as they do not do the minimum of 35 hours care work . i have pension secured now with the home rsponsabilities tyhingy bob wotsit

i`ve just reead the link and to me it does mean we are classed as paid carers ....
That's the big change George. As far as gettign your stamp paid you no longer need to get Caresr Allowance. So you will get the carer credit if

you care for 20 hours not 35
You care for 2 people 10 hours for each one
You care for someone but someone else is getting Carers allowance for them
The person you care for refuses to claim benefits
The person you care for only gets middle rate DLA

Or if you do get CA but have not got a full year because the person has been in hospital, under the new system you will now be able to get Carer credit.

It's a massive step forward - really good news.
but does it mean iam a paid carer ????