[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Heating bill scheme to help carers - Scotland - Carers UK Forum

Heating bill scheme to help carers - Scotland

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Up to 7,000 carers could see their heating bills fall after the Scottish Government announced it was expanding a special scheme.

Infrastructure and Capital Investment Secretary Alex Neil revealed the energy assistance package was being expanded to those people looking after family and friends who receive the carers' allowance.

Under the scheme, they could have a new heater or boiler installed free of charge or have their home insulation improved at no cost to themselves.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpres ... 729563350A
Shame, I replaced mine two years ago!
Actually (and whilst I am not complaining) carers on CA are not automatically a vulnerable group, many carers (like me) have partners who are in full time employment, and some of us also have other sources of income, so the payment of CA doesnt mean that someone is automatically at risk of fuel poverty. Really it needs to be a bit more subtle - I would have said income support or housing benefit was a better indicator of fuel poverty risk.