[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
National care Contract? - Carers UK Forum

National care Contract?

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
In today's Yorkshire Evening Post I spotted a few paragraphs about a 'shake up of home care services for older people' which will 'improve and streamline the service'. It talks about 'more flexibility in choosing their care provider and how they pay'. The last sentence of the item includes the words 'when the new national care contract starts'.
I googled 'national care contract' and got sites relating to Scotland.
I did get a letter from our Local Council and a form to fill in asking my views on proposed new ways of calculating payments due to 'cuts'. I replied to the effect that I didn't much appreciate that their plans would cost my Mum more for her care but it didn't seem to be directed solely at the elderly as this item in the paper suggests, so I don't know if it's connected.
So, what have I missed? What is this new 'National Care Contract' due, it says, to start on June 1st?
Have I just not been keeping up? Someone enlighten me?
I've actually no idea either, and I thought I was keeping up with most things.