[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
have we given up? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

have we given up?

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
the government lie through their back teeth,say child tax credit won't be affected,rubbish,nothing changed in my circumstances from last april and my initial figure is £7 a week less than last year,working tax credit down £70 a month,when i asked why i was told it was restructuring of the system,when they agreed to pay carers still on the 16 hour threshold,did they happen to mention that they would screw them out of £1200 a year in the 2012/2013 financial year i doubt it,i would love to be able to get work every weekend but give me a break my wife has alzheimers and if she isn't well enough to leave i can't work,but saying that i'm that stressed and run down it's normally me that's down with 1 virus or another,sorry carers uk and others you've been lied to by the tory's!!!!!
I know I'm getting more depressed by the day with all the cuts. Universal benefit, bedroom tax, so-called professionals who make appointments and never turn up or call at their own convenience, so that I'm a virtual prisoner in my own home (district nurse calls on Saturday or Sunday every three months - for past 2 years, and in that time I can count on 2 fingers the number of times they've actually kept an appointment) so housebound at weekends! Waiting for social worker to call well that beggars up week days! Dr took nearly 5 months to do meds review, and as for housing team doing "modernisations" - that took from beginning October to 18th April!.

I now don't watch news programmes or read newspapers. I'm also totally p'd off with the Jeremy Kyles of this world! Total income including housing and council taxes = £222 (inc AA) a week for a 7 day week job works out at £32 a day - even for an 8 hour day (HaHa) works out at £4 an hour - less than minimum wage!