[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Open letter on Care at home Bill - Carers UK Forum

Open letter on Care at home Bill

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
This has gone to newspapers today

[quote]
Open letter]
The free personal care at home is for those with critical needs only that is they need help with FEEDING , DRINKING , TOILETING & PERSONAL HYGIENE . the cost of this care at home will be 700 million £`s funded by the N.H.S. 400 MILLION & LOCAL AUTHORITIES 300 MILLION , it is now common knowledge that the amount of care that will be provided will be just 6.5 hours per week is that enough? i for one dont think so . how many will receive help it started out at 280-000 +160-000 then it grew to 400-000 + 200-000 we now have help for those who req care for the first time but that will last just 6 weeks (then what) this whole care support is underfunded .... my main worry is how many will be entitled to the free personal care to me it looks as though you will have to be on your death bed to get support .
In my own case the old doll needs constant care yet she would not pass the test re critical needs support, the whole thing is just a ploy to get some votes in the bag the Liberals are against it as are many local council leaders .. how long will it be before we return to the old post code lottery " ......
The Home Care Bill is so flawed in its present state it would discriminate against so many people in terms of Human Rights.

The way the Government have set about this scheme would lead to large scale disappointment for many. The Free care would be only available to those in critical need and even people who are in the terminal stages of an illness have been denied CRITICAL status by the NHS so you cannot trust NHS figures.

Lawyers would have a field day...
Half a loaf is better than no bread.