[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
For those applying for Lasting Power of Attorney: beware - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

For those applying for Lasting Power of Attorney: beware

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:10 am
Victor,

The more you write, the more I am worried both for you and for your mum.
You really must ring the Care Quality Commission for advice today.

CQC have a principle thread running through their regulations, that of "transparency".
What is this manager wanting to hide? Why does he want you off the scene completely?
No one providing a service should try and separate relatives.
Especially so when you have been living with mum as her carer since 2006.

Keep in touch.
I've done it; the Care Quality Commission sent me a response email - which I was about to bin - seeing I was expecting the issues to be resolved yesterday at the Multidisciplinary meeting. As things turned out - I've filled all the info the CQC needed to pursue the "concern." My friend's partner says "They have closed ranks - because of your complaints; they are fully set against you now." This is scary sounding.
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:10 am

As for thinking he's as good as a social worker, I bet he hasn't had their training or is registered on the HCPC website.

Keep in touch.
He is not from the UK, but by his accent from Eastern Europe. What I got taken aback by - was his response to the LPA; he almost looked like he's never seen one before. And furthermore - he said "A lawyer should have been involved in the drafting of this document" - which makes me think he is not familiar with how easy the process is now for an LPA - and it most certainly does not need an expensive lawyer to get involved.
Victor ... as background , will the following link be useful to you here ... a legal article ?

https://www.boodlehatfield.com/the-firm ... n-to-abuse
Honey Badger wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:16 pm
Hello again,

While I am concerned about your situation you seem to know what you are doing and know how to compose yourself in what is a very stressful position to be in (though you should not be in it to begin with as you have done nowt wrong!)

What worries me is what has this "care manager" gotten away with before you came along with other vulnerable people/families, the mere suspicion alone is grounds to report them immediately because they hold a position of significant trust/responsibility.

Further reason to report them. Just getting warmed up!

I would always advocate seeking advice from a reputable/professional source via the appropriate channels.

Best wishes

-HB
I feel assured by the response here; I've been careful to give as accurate an account as possible. i don't want to muddy the waters further. But I'm very anxious about their qualification; they are giving my mam full management of her DWP income; when she had wrote a cheque to the Prince of Wales for £100! (Which I binned - I should have kept it as evidence) I don't want her money - I want her cared-for by professionals!
Chris From The Gulag wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:06 pm
Victor ... as background , will the following link be useful to you here ... a legal article ?

https://www.boodlehatfield.com/the-firm ... n-to-abuse
Thanks for that link; the risk of abuse is minimal in the case of an LPA for Health and Welfare. That article is more relevant to an LPA over Finance. In the meeting with the DWP representative, I actually voiced my frustration in that I want my mam to remove my name from her will. To me - she has spent most of her life here in the UK living off disability benefits; she has not really earned a proper income - despite her qualifications. If she has savings - that money is to me "suffering money" and don't feel I should inherit "blood money." But that's by and by. The Certificate Provider did work for Barclays and dealt with similar documents. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree too; so he is a professional of sorts. My worse case scenario - is that my mam is in a really bad care home - and I'm powerless to get her out.
Your welcome , Victor.
Over riding you with Power of Attorney is VERY serious indeed.

Another thought, does this man OWN the company, or is he just the home manager?

It should be very easy to find out, just go to the CQC website and do a search for the home.
I'm sure you can see who is the CQC registered manager, as well as the owners.
You SHOULD have a brochure/manual for the home, giving this information too, if they bothered to do one.
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:55 pm
Over riding you with Power of Attorney is VERY serious indeed.

Another thought, does this man OWN the company, or is he just the home manager?

It should be very easy to find out, just go to the CQC website and do a search for the home.
I'm sure you can see who is the CQC registered manager, as well as the owners.
You SHOULD have a brochure/manual for the home, giving this information too, if they bothered to do one.
Oh no. He's a Care Manager for the team he leads. He is still working at a clinic.