[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
England wide - Caring with confidence - Carers UK Forum

England wide - Caring with confidence

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Hi they are stopping all the programes to the cuts
This will affect the whole of England wherever there are courses being run. It's a massive blow in the Leicestershire and Rutland area, where there is now a waiting list for places.
In the express and star some etc are picking up private pensions while still working ( not saying who)and yet the first to suffer cuts are carers and disabled as well as older ones its just seems that way why? Image I just don't know but it makes you sick coffeex Image
Hi I've just finished the caring with confidenc course and had a letter to say that funding in Oxforshire is to be cut. They are hoping to get private/local funding. I filled in the forms to say how important the course is so fingers crossed.
just rung alz society and found out west sussex caring with confidence to be cut

i did the course before and it really was good ...a real shame

4 sessions still going on at horsham over the next 4 weeks on a thursday with places left
They're all going. The Leicester one has had £20,000 from the City Council though to help keep it running.
Carers plea
A CARER who looks after her elderly husband has called on the Government to reverse a decision to scrap a support programme which helps people in the same situation.

Theresa Harris (77) has been a carer for her husband Ernest (80) since he started to experience memory difficulties about eight years ago
Glad to hear Leicester is still on the go. Thankfully NHS Hull have supported the programme and it is still going strong there. http://www.carerscentrehull.org.uk/inde ... =4&subid=1