[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Emergency budget 2010 - Carers UK Forum

Emergency budget 2010

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
125 posts
So are we all happy?
Didn't hear carers mentioned.
Vicky
not at all happy. no help for us just more expense that we just cannot afford.
They are going to bring in new medicals for DLA claimants. You only have to read the stories on the forum of the benefits and work site to be worried about this.If they are going to use the same company,dont give ATOS and go about it in the same way as The DWP and ATOS do with ESA then DLA will only be available to those with MAJOR care needs.Loss of mid care DLA and high care DLA means loss of CA.Lets hope the disability charities and the people of this country do not sleepwalk into this like they did with ESA.Did anyone see the didabled lady on Dispatches on Channel 4 last night.She was fantastic.No one could have put the point across any better.NO ONE CHOOSES TO BE ILL OR DISABLED.WHEN WILL THESE GREEDY BA**ARD GOVERMENT REALISE THIS.WAKE UP PEOPLE.Apparently there will be more news on how to persecute and squeeze the disabled in the spending review this October.
Here are some comments about DLA . So many getting added you need refresh your page every few minutes.

see here
£11bn slashed from welfare bill

details here
B.B.C. REPORT "ALL BENEFITS" TO BE CUT - INCLUDING CARERS ALLOWANCE ? I HAVE NOT HEARD THE CHANCELLOR SAY THAT OR HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING .
WHATS THIS EXTRA HELP FOR THE COUNCIL TAX IF YOU HAVE A CARER IS IT AN INCREASE IN THE 25% CARERS DISCOUNT ?? IAM CONFUSED AGAIN..
Have a look here George

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10374475.stm

it's the main points in brief. No 'cuts' that I can see, but no real increases either. Just more of the same, although most benefits are set to rise in line with the Consumer Price Index rather than the RPI which is generally higher. DLA to be subject to new medical assessment from 2013. No mention of CA per se, so assume it's included within the generic term of 'benefits'.

However I'm sure that CUK will be dissecting the whole report with a fine tooth comb and let us know what they find in the small print !!
None of the Mums with children with DS are happy about the assessments, who will do the night-time ones? I wouldnt want a stranger staying with Sarah overnight, also some days shes great and other days hoprrendous so no doubt the assessor would come on a good dasy and she would lose her DLA, they have a known medical disability so why assessment she wont get better!

Havent seen anything about Carers being cut George, housing benefit is to be though
most likely all those with mental health problems will lose there dla. and thats fine til someone is forced to work and then becomes so ill and it could threaten there life or others. perhaps i should just take my caree to my mp and get him to live with them 24/7 365 perhaps then he may understand how hard it is...
that's my new name for our so called chancellor. i don't like the new idea's re dla .i know it's not due for 3 years .but that means we have got 3 years to worry about it. the only thing we can hope for is a rebellion by the not so lib/dem back benchers ,don't hold your breath
125 posts