[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ELDERLY BENEFITS TO BE CUT FROM THE WEALTHY - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

ELDERLY BENEFITS TO BE CUT FROM THE WEALTHY

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
sadly due to the old dolls disabilities we cant use the bus but would love to, how happy we would be to be disability free and to be able to use public transport ....we have to use a car which costs us £240 per month ( the total war pensioners mobility supplement ) plus £130 per month for fuel without the support of motability we would be housebound ...but that would probably please the likes of you ............could you inform one and all just what the weekly income should be that makes someone wealthy is it £150 , £300 ..or is it the assets they have savings/ home owners ... come on tell us...the old doll does not have a bus pass as she would be unable to use it and i`m to young even though i`m 60 cant get it till i`m 61 and 4 months...like many others i dont just protest for myself but for others and fully support the retention of all universal benefits for the over 60`s including free prescriptions ..which will be stopped soon if the likes of I.D.S. gets his way.......

Wish I could afford £370. a month for a car he must be rich
SO GET A LIFE STOP MOANING
the wifes dla mobility part goes towards the mortgage,but the mortgage is portable just incase we have to move does that count?£130 in fuel a month works out to about 700miles worth of travelling a month,that's a lot of travelling about,i do about 250 more miles a month and i commute from immingham to hinckley 4 times a month in a car that cost 2k,paid for and not £240 a month dead lease money and £38 a month insurance,so if your worried about money by an older car,pay cash,sorted.
George take note of where the interest lies the clue is in the number of replies and views Image And that is why the politicians will most likely get away with reducing practical and financial support for carers.

Campaigning, news, current affairs and politics
who cares for the carer?
» Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:35 am 5 Replies 127 Views

HOUSE OF LORDS DEBATE SOCIAL CARE I`M CONFUSED AGAIN
» Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:22 am 3 Replies 86 Views

Carers to be given respite holidays
» Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:57 pm 17 Replies 245 Views

dla to pip
» Tue May 29, 2012 10:10 am 45 Replies 765 Views

Unemployed bussed in to steward river pageant
» Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:39 am 10 Replies 209 Views

Fun and games
Guess The Movie?
» Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:25 am 214 Replies 1397 Views

Two Truths & One Lie
» Fri May 04, 2012 4:20 pm 142 Replies 939 Views

15 song album collection
» Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:39 am 1189 Replies 11426 Views

Present - Take or Pass?
» Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:43 pm 784 Replies 6007 Views

Where Am I?
» Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:52 pm 565 Replies 5365 Views
cheeky ********** ..
but then I expect he lives in a council house rent free -poll tax free and gets I/s and everything
else
What you spend on a car I have to live on a month but then I pay my poll tax as well
as live in my own home which I own
and look after my disabled wife and her needs with NO HELP and I cannot have my bus pass
either

---------------------------------------------------------

he is a she and was disabled during WW2 during the blitz in London she was in the A.T.S. from 1939 -1946 on the heavy ack ack- anti aircraft guns to you - and is in receipt of a war disablement pension/war widows allowance she has no savings and no longer owns a home - she can not walk more then a few metres and is entitlled to a war pensioners mobility supplement which she gives up to lease a care from motabilty and as we live in a rural area we need transport just to go into town to visit family and to shop cost us £7 per trip 34 miles, her car is just 6 months old and has now done 11-000 miles = we can not use public transport at all..and she does rent from anchor but once did own her own home which was sold to pay for her husbands care ..as her full time carer we live together and she could live rent free as many others do but as a joint tennant i have to pay my half of the rent /council tax all from the carers allowance and my own private pension..the mobility component of any benefit be it war pensioners mobility supplement or D.L.A. mobility, should be used for just that the mobility needs of the receipient ...we recieve no free respite care from local authority and the 4 weeks free care from the M.O.D. is now only available if her full time carer (thats me of course ) is either ill or hospitalised ..

benefits can i make it clear to you the only benefts we claim for my mother are all war related disabilty benefits and war widows allowance but she has her own state pension which used to be £98 per week now reduced to £34 per week due to the overlaping benefits rule ..and for me the- well know benefit scrounger- i receieve the carers allowance but as i have a private occupational pension i am unable to claim any other benefits at all except the carers council tax discoun of 25% and iam sure someone like you would even begrudge me of that any way....

and people like me fight for people like you to get all social care for free without the need for you to sell your own home when we have had to do just that in 2004 ..why do we bother...me suspects a bit of envy but take it from me i would rather my mother be fit and healthy and free from disability which would have allowed me to continue with work and have a near normal life ...
lets use the cares uk forum and work together and support each other what a joke...
CHERLY message understood ..tis a waste of time ..take it from me a well know benefit scrounger well so says ferretrider....
Hopefully my comments will get this thread back on track and cool it down.
We all get stressed you know. We all have our problems. Even Image Image me.
You get stressed? You, the one, the only, invincible Audrey? Nah,,I can't believe it Image

Here's my short contribution seeing as I don't have nowt else..Image
I dunno, spend some time away from the forum... Image

George, I think Ferretrider was pointing out that while you're discussing poverty, others are actually worse off than you. I don't believe he was calling you a benefits scrounger, just pointing out that his financial situation is more difficult. I accept that maybe Ferretrider went a bit far with "Get a life stop moaning", but that's pretty mild.

However, let me make this clear: calling people names is playground behaviour. This isn't a playground and it's definitely a rule breaker.

A point for everyone: if you're unhappy with a post, report it, and don't then respond to it. Best to step back and let the mods get on with it.
[quote]

but then I expect he lives in a council house rent free -poll tax free and gets I/s and everything
else
What you spend on a car I have to live on a month but then I pay my poll tax as well
as live in my own home which I own
and look after my disabled wife and her needs with and I cannot have my bus pass
either

sorry charles his comments above were a personal attack on either myself or the person i care for ..and even if i did claim I.S. H.B. & council tax relief whats wrong with that ..amd just what is wrong with living in a council house ??? this was not a general comment at all ....and i cant get a bus pass till i`m 61 and 3 months old ..this will then give me 3 free pass`s 1, tyne wear metro as former worker ...2, freepass for the rail network as former brit rail worker 3, bus pass ... unless ferretrider puts a stop to it .....
i have always been very honest about my income aand what i can get ..not get ..in benefits my private pension was less then the state retirement pension but the local authority claimed it was to high for financial support as they also calculated the carers allowance as income ...i now have another 2 private pensions which have matured and dont have any problems with my finances now ...but i still believe that even with extra income the carers allowance is far to low as we are in my point of view working for it ...yes if a couple jointly own a home and one goes into care they can remain within the home but they will one day have to pay for thier care ....
try caring for your wife who has conditions more related to the elderly,alzheimers,arthritis etc,currently surviving on child tax credit and wtc and working as and when i can leave her,i'm a year away from the tax credits stopping but because i'm 45 and the wife is 42 none of the elderly benefits apply,own the house(morgage) and have the bills of any other 40+ couple,i'm not going to have enough money to live on and i'm worried.