[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
EDM - carers - Coalition policy? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

EDM - carers - Coalition policy?

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
My MP is normally on act without being asked but at this time (since the election), I have not heard from him yet - where is he??? Holiday may be Image
have finally got my mp to sign up for it. told him straight that if he supports carers as he says he does in our local paper then he would have sign it. also told him that if he did not i would write the local paper and tell them. he soon agreed to sign it
Well done Paul, I knew you would do it

We have to constantly bombard the MPs. Next step Paul is the concerns re DLA. Before long you will be on your MPs Christmas list Image Image Image
i hope i am not but i hope i am a pain where it hurts for him. hb and dla next cool count me in on that. he will hate being a mp in the end..
but i hope i am a pain where it hurts for him. hb and dla next cool count me in on that. he will hate being a mp in the end..
You dont want to be that Image Image . You need to work with him, educate him if necessary if he is not already aware of how these proposals would affect people, if implemented. Always best to raise our voices now before its too late.

Keep us posted how you get on Paul. Hopefully now you have opened dialogue with him, it can continue.
thats very good thinking. i will do that and perhaps do a rough guide on how i will be affected and arrange to meet him and hand it over. then see what he has to say
Face to face meetings with MPs so much better, if possible to attend. Written word or email does not always convey the concerns you have, or the urgency needed sometimes to allay your fears. Still do a letter as you say, hand it over and then hopefully he will get a response from relevant minister/department.
Even just a few minutes once a week can make all the difference. After all, Triumph is just Try with a little bit of HUMPH Image Image Image Image
i will do that and perhaps do a rough guide on how i will be affected and arrange to meet him and hand it over. then see what he has to say
This is you now Paul Image Image Image Image
Have still heard zilch from my MP. Nor has he signed the EDM Image So have sent another mail reminding him of this 'oversight'. I had a small snort when I got his automated response:

Your views and concerns are important to me. All correspondence is dealt with in the order it is received. My self or my office will be in contact shortly about your enquiry.

Any messages containing abusive or threatening language will be reported to the police.

Yours sincerely

David Lammy MP

One wonders if the police are busy dealing with frustrated constituents Image
dont give up. keep on asking.