[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
EDM - carers - Coalition policy? - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

EDM - carers - Coalition policy?

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
had a meeting today with my mp, first time i have met him.should have been a 10 minuate talk which lasted a hour i was surprised at how much he did not know, perhaps thats why it lasted a hour. we went through things step by step starting with carers allowance and he has agreed it is too low so he is going to speak to others and see what is happening there.

he did not agree that dla should not be put through tests like esa. he has said that the government needs to cut this by 20%. he did say that he would not agreed to the test being done the same as the current esa test. he also stated that he would fight to protect anyone who does need it and insure that only those who dont need it lose it.

he is now fully aware of how i feel as a carer and hopefully many others here too. we have arranged to meet again in two weeks and talk over other matters. maybe it is time for all carers to talk to there mp and make sure there know how you feel

a big thank-you to rosemary who gave me the encouragement and self-belief to do this
Well done Paul Image

And I have finally heard from my MP! Hope this works:......

Well done Paul Image

Well done. Lets see what comes back next from Webb
Well done Paul Image

well done. keep on asking him question, even if he cannot sign edms still explain how you feel and how things affect you as he can still help change things.
I hadn't actually heard back from my email to MP, other than a standard 'thank you for your enquiry' postcard, but have just checked and she has signed the EDM Image
Thanks for keeping us updated Sue

x
My MP has signed up too Image
Oh, what a surprise................mine still hasn't!
Nor mine!
keep asking them why there have not, thats what i did and got the answer in the end