[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
EDM - carers - Coalition policy? - Carers UK Forum

EDM - carers - Coalition policy?

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Please take a few minutes to contact your MP and ask him/her to sign the following EDM..

EDM 128 - carers

That this House calls on the Government to make an early statement on its policy intentions toward carers; notes the selfless hard work and commitment displayed by the approximately six million carers in the UK; recognises the incalculable difference carers make to the lives of their loved ones; acknowledges that carers save the country an estimated £87 billion each year; and supports an immediate review of the current carers allowance level

If you get time share the link with family/friends, on blogs/facebook etc.
If your MP replies saying has signed, keep the exchange ongoing. With all the cuts ahead etc, we have to try keep the pressure up.

Mines signed, share here if yours does too.

x x
Thanks Rosemary. Will email my MP now.

Belle Image

PS Always did think Glenda Jackson was sound Image
Have emailed my MP this morning .. will let you know of response,

Sue x
i asked my mp and got a nice letter back. stating the government will be setting up a year long review of social care, not impressed with him as he did not say weather he intend to support this. bad mp if you ask me. can i now sack him lol
i asked my mp and got a nice letter back. stating the government will be setting up a year long review of social care, not impressed with him as he did not say weather he intend to support this. bad mp if you ask me. can i now sack him lol
Contact him again and ask if he is signing it or not. If not, can he give you his reasons. Dont let it drop there Paul Image

Other carers have emailed/pmed to say their MP has signed. There were 10 names on Tuesday, close of Friday and it was standing at 58. Still early days.

Thanks for supporting this Paul.

x
thank you rosemary. i do not intend to let it drop with him on this as it is so important to us all. i have asked him for his views on this and not what the government are so say planning. i did try asking him face to face on thursday when he was in my town at the opening of a car park, but he would not answer..
I have every faith in you Image
Have just emailed my MP, who used to be a Labour government minister, so unable to sign EDM's. I'll be interested to read his response now he is free to sign.
hopefully he will sign it..
If anyone approaches their MP and answer is No, ask for their reasons. Be interested to know if party policy or personal view Image Image