[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DAVE OR ED WHO CARES - Carers UK Forum

DAVE OR ED WHO CARES

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
I think they have picked the wrong man ... to be honest i dont believe they had much choice at all.... i`ve looked at ED `S chat over the last few days , and one good thing he has not said , that carers are the backbone of society , the unsung hero`s and deserve a pat on the back , for accepting their responsibilities, and by doing so save the state 87 billion pounds each and every year ........ in fact just like the LIB DEMS he has said nowt at all about carers . he has said he will support some of the cuts that the condems put forward... he will support the middle class that`s the family with 2 parents working with children at school and onto university ...he said they feel squeezed as the rich move on and those below survive on benfits , benefits paid for by the middle class tax rises....
Well he said a lot about care workers in his speech and the derisory wages they earn but nothing about carers.
I think it's the wrong man, can't see him winning an election, mind you it took him a nanno second to ditch the unions that swung it for him, even less time to challenge his brother, not sure I like this man which is a bit of a problem for me as I always vote labour Image
Vicky
Hi Vicky

You just beat me to it i was going to put virtually the same posting about Ed talking about carer workers and not carer's and also i agree with you about backstabbing that was going to be my wording.

If he felt so strongly about the Iraq war why stand as an Labour MP he didnt get elected till 2005 2 years after the war and when elected backed Brown all the way.
His brother helped him all the way until Ed Sh-t on him yesterday with his speech about the war being wrong it might have been but why wait until now to criticise those responsible.

I to am going to find it hard to Vote for him I;m labour through and through just like a stick of rock but this guy i think i might have to change but what to i don't know.

John
I suppose I just won't vote at all, no way would I bother with this man.
His brother has conducted himself with dignity and absolute loyalty something Ed appears to know nothing about, he can't even be bothered to put his name on his childs birth certificate.
I wonder how many loyal labour voters feel the same and have no truck with this new generation trendy wendy nonsense.
I think Mrs David Miliband should save her tears for her partner in law Image as she definitely got the better man even if labour members didn't.
Vicky
If he felt so strongly about the Iraq war why stand as an Labour MP he didnt get elected till 2005 2 years after the war and when elected backed Brown all the way.
His brother helped him all the way until Ed Sh-t on him yesterday with his speech about the war being wrong it might have been but why wait until now to criticise those responsible.
John
It was a canny message to the lapsed faithful, to make a clean break with the past at the moment of gaining power shows how well he understands why Labour has bled more than half of the members who put Blair into power in 1997.
And he stood as a Labour MP because (hopefully) he loves Labour more than he hates the War and wants To Do Good. Actually it was the Tories who made the Iraq war possible, there was a very large number of Labour MPs who voted against it.
Vicky, when I heard that about the baby, I was surprised. It means he has no parental responsibility in the law. Does it mean that she claims financial support from the state for the child?
Vicky, when I heard that about the baby, I was surprised. It means he has no parental responsibility in the law. Does it mean that she claims financial support from the state for the child?
No idea lazydaisy it just struck me as more trendy wendy posturing, it may be old fashioned but I have always been of the opinion if a man loved and respected me then he would marry me and I would absolutely expect in any circumstances he put his name on the birth certificate, course it may be that Mrs Partner is a fierce feminist and doesn't want any of that but I would have thought a father has the right to have his name on the birth certificate and would absolutely want it there.
There was hardly a stone unturned in his speech about people who are either struggling on dreadful low wages, gay issues you name it but he managed to miss out completely the disabled and their carers, probably not fashionable enough for the new generation.
Vicky
Without discussing the political aspects, I couldn't wait to get the boys' births registered: I was immensely proud to be their father (still am) and cannot believe that anyone who apparently wants great responsibility cannot accept the greatest responsibility of all...
Everyone that sees Katie's birth certificate laughs. She was born at 6.30am, my husband registered the birth at 9.30am! The boys weren't so conveniently born,one at the weekend, one at night.
I just don't understand why any family man would want to keep his name off the register.
My husband couldn't wait to register the births of his children, he was so proud.
I don't understand either why any proud father wouldn't want his name on the birth certificate.

And if it had to be a Miliband, why pick the wrong one?