[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Council forced to pay family for disability services - Carers UK Forum

Council forced to pay family for disability services

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Hi - Jan a carer from Birmingham has highlighted this landmark case in the Guardian of a disabled woman who has won compensation from her local council because it failed to provide adequate services.

http://society.guardian.co.uk/localgovt ... 80,00.html
Hi,
Am very interested in this article as at the moment in time am waiting on our legal team who are trying to get our daughter out of adult care.
Our daughter had her last reveiw at her college in 2005 as she was 19 yrs of age.
An adult care manager from local council attended and her only contribution to that meeting was and i qoute.
I WOULD LIKE TO REMINED MR AND MRS B...... THAT SAMANTHA IS THEIR DAUGHTER.
Nothing else ,no offer of any services infact we have a letter from this manager to say that she had shut our daughters case file down. When that happened the nhs stopped her incontenance pads and we had to re-apply.We then looked after our daughter for 14 months at home.
We then asked for a care assesment of our daughters needs and an assesment of our needs.
They replied and said we had to wait 6 weeks before they would contact us to make an appointment, We have never received our care assesment.
Perhaps i should add this to our on going case which can be looked at on general forum under lost daughter.
jonjo