[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Caring for carers campaign - Daily Mirror - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Caring for carers campaign - Daily Mirror

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
We are the same George - we only get carers allowance and because our savings are slightly over the limit we have to pay full council tax, prescriptions etc.

Eun
Have sent e-mail to my M.P. DENIS MURPHY LABOUR WANSBECK and have asked him to come out of the shadows of Westminster and support the carers and stand against the removal of the attendance allowance any one gonna join me .
WHY SHOULD WE BE SUPPORTING YET ANOTHER REVIEW HOW MANY DO WE NEED
JUST GIVE US THE MONEY HONEY .
EVERY SINGLE REVIEW SAID GIVE CARERS THE CASH THEY DESERVE END OFF ARGUMENT .
It keeps telling me my text entered is wrong?????
The Mirror didn't take into account that the money is not all available for housekeeping, it also has to support two disabled people's varying needs, also we do have a car, just that we have to be very careful with petrol, and my husband and son's needs come above mine, plus having to keep some money for emergency petrol, toll bridge and hospital parking.£400 a week does sound good, but the heating is on for around 20 hours a day over the winter, and food for people with Diabetes can work out expensive, some times of year cheaper than others
I wonder how any Carer or disabled person is able to keep any savings at all.It must disappear so quickly, with all the necessary expenses there are.Our very small amount disappeared within a few months of me finishing work.
(I would like to add that I did the interview before Rhys died, but Carers UK asked the reporter to contact me and ensure that everything was okay, prior to publication).
Well done CUK and Jane Image

The media is definitely the way to go re campaigning..and the Mirror no less...at least i can buy that without hiding it in a bag to get it home ...which i couldnt have done if it was the Sun lol.

Seriously though...good stuff!! Image
Great job Jane and CUK, very well done
Vicky
It keeps telling me my text entered is wrong?????
I had the same problem. Then if you get through that hurdle it has to be moderated before it's published. That loses the spontaneity but it keeps out the lunatic fringe! Image
Today's Mirror has an article about how the money promised for carers' breaks is not getting through to help carers. The case study is Cheryl1967 who has been a regular poster on this forum.

Matt