[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers Rights Day - Carers UK Forum

Carers Rights Day

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
http://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/newsh ... 4739796.jp

A campaign to get better rights for carers is being backed by the MP for Hastings.
Michael Foster MP is supporting calls to give carers more help in accessing benefits as part of a national campaign which is being launched December 5 - UK Carers Rights Day.
Why do M.P`S like Foster make such statements ? it`s just a waste of time he wants to help carers access benefits, benefits that are quite useless to most carers and as we know most carers can not even claim many of the benefits available why did he not make a statement that the carers allowance should be raised to a sensible level why did he not ask for carers on carers allowance & income support to remain on a new carers allowance instead of job seekers allowance why did he not ask for pensioner carers to be paid the allowance when they reach pensionable age , why did he not come out and support the select committee report or the carers review .will he be voting for the welfare reform green paper on it`s way through the house now .

It was once said that the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life, the sick,the needy and the handicapped.

this government 2 out of 10 and iam being generous.
I've been asked, if I'll agree to being interviewed by radio Scotland for Carers rights day.
I feel I need to do this.
Things are not getting any better for most of us are they? Image

Well, the D.P. has made a difference for me but Carers Allowance, both the pitiful amount and the fact it's classed as earnings and taken back, is a sick joke! Image

Rob, I think it might be a bit similar to the interview you did a wee while back.

I will try to mention as many of our issues as I can fit in! Image

marie x
Make a list of the things you want to say, Marie - and knock 'em dead!!
Marie, you will be brilliant Image Image
Best of luck Marie.
God help them Image Image

Just teasing Marie,good luck.

x x
All the best Marie
we know you will do all carers proud
Thanks guys! Image

marie x
Bless your cotton socks Marie! Image