[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers deliver your messages to David Cameron - Carers UK Forum

Carers deliver your messages to David Cameron

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Over 3,500 carers signed our letter to the PM to tell him 'It's time to support carers'. And today, to coincide with Carers Week, a delegation of carers - including our very own susieq! - has today delivered that letter to Number Ten.

Full story and photo here.
Well done Susie. Great pic

x x
Yes well done,
To all those carers who signed the virtual campaign 3,500 signatures

I hope carers who handed in the petition gave Cameron an ear bashing about what it's like to be a care in the real world!

Maybe now Cameron will go back to George Osborne to stop cuts
"We must ensure that any changes to public services look at the impact not just on older, ill and disabled people but also on their families and carers. Reforming social care, welfare and with it, carers' benefits, is an opportunity to show, through real action, how much carers are valued in society." CUK

Councils are concerned about frontline services for elderly people risk included preventative care, mental health care, and carer strategy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10329947.stm
Thanks, Susie
Well done! and thank you, a really nice photo Susie Image

I hope carers who handed in the petition gave Cameron an ear bashing about what it's like to be a care in the real world!

I think this is unfair, David Cameron for all his money knows personally what caring is about.

Are Carers' issues just about lack of money?

Then it's very important to say so, because logically (ie within law & politics) we make no sense.

Are Carers complaining about money, lack of independence, too much work, or what?

If a Carer was handed £600 pw from the Government would that solve all the problems? NO.
If a Carer was handed £600 pw from the Government would that solve all the problems? NO.
It would certainly make them a damn site easier to deal with though!!!! Image

I think this is unfair, David Cameron for all his money knows personally what caring is about.
It's because of all his money he can't possibly know what it's like to be a carer without it.
He and his wife could work and be parents of a severely disabled child, how is that done without lots of costly respite?
DLA does not even begin to address the costs of disabilty for many, so once again if you have your own pool of independent wealth then life is considerably easier.
If we are talking about emotional costs, then of course he knows all about that but that isn't an issue the government can do much about so is not up for any kind of campaign or debate.
Vicky
There are aspects of being a carer that DC would never have experienced. THis is not a personal dig at him but there is no way that anyone in SS or NHS would create the havoc and hassle for him that they create for so many other people - just because he is DC. His experiences will have been effected by the preferential treament (which he may not have asked for) that he would have encountered.
Exactly Boggle. Couldnt have said it better myself