[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers Concerns. - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Carers Concerns.

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Boggle

you are so right there long term it will cost the government/councils more. but the more worrying thing is that carers/carees would not have the money for the bond or months rent upfront.so there will be homeless so up goes the homeless numbers..
On the other hand, mortgage rates have never been lower, and as the majority of carers are owner-occupiers, thats great news for us !
On the other hand, mortgage rates have never been lower, and as the majority of carers are owner-occupiers, thats great news for us !
Funny I get the impression most carers are in rented property
if only i lived in rented accomodation i would not have to travel 100 mile to work 16hrs just to get working tax credit and keep carers allowance,the set up is wrong rent paid straight away ,wait weeks to get help with a mortgage but that's this country all over the harder you try to help yourself the less help you get,trying to sell house but because i work 16 hrs can't get relocation grant or anything
We are owner occupiers so not really up on how the HB thing will affect those in social housing or private rented but from what I read here it looks like a real worry and in any case isn't it just another example of making the vulnerable pay for the bankers [rich] mistakes.
Vicky
vicky
yes it is. we did not cause this greedy bankers did and rich people who want to grab more, yet as you said its now the poor that will suffer as always. i am not sure how it will affect you where you own part and rent part. i would think that hb will be cut on the rent side.. there is to much look after the rich and forget the poor. normal tory attuide
Funny I get the impression most carers are in rented property
No, I think you will find that carers housing profiles are very similar to the UK average, (nearly 70]http://www.statistics.gov.uk/census2001 ... ousing.asp[/url] ) but as I gather slightly weighted towards people who own their homes outright due to the average age at which most people commence caring, in their forties and fifties. So whilst securing affordable housing is a major concern for a minority of carers, paying utility bills, urgent repairs, and Council tax are a more pressing concern for owner-occupiers in financial difficulty.
This above topic does not take into account fulltime carers offering ongoing resbite for the caree who does not live in the carers house fulltime.

There does not seem to be any logic in that a resbite week or so costs nearly £900 in some places so when a unapaid carer has to keep a second bedroom in his/her private rented accommodation the local housing allowance does not take this into account.

so once again unpaid fulltime carers and their caree are been shafted up swanie pond (small lake in dundee).

I have been to my own mp ming campbell and my mum`s own mp that is just how it is.

What is going to happen next will they try and make us pay our own rent l get no support from council in fife and so what else will happen i say. This continuall slog day in day out l just dont know how all this will end.
KENNETH2DUNDEENOW FIFE
I'm moving this to the campaigns section - please use this to discuss this sort of content.

Many thanks
kenneth2dundee
Good question! Have they thought about carers' who cannot work?
Who will the protect carers from falling in to deeper poverty?

We are just digits on a balance sheet Image

From personal experience it doesn't matter how much you save the economy once you have served your usefulness your thrown on the scrap heap so to speak.

PS I lost my home once my caring role was over so yes I am angry that nobody gives a dam!