[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carer on hunger strike - Carers UK Forum

Carer on hunger strike

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
There is a story on the daily mail website about a woman who is currently on hunger strike in protest at the lack of NHS care and support for her husband.(mail online)Sorry i dont know how to do links.Could someone else do one if possible please Thanks xxx
Ask and ye shall receive

see here

Wife goes on hunger strike in protest at lack of NHS care for her paralysed husband
Thankyou Rosemary. i couldnt help but feel this was an article that everyone should see especially as what with all the cuts i do think that unfortunately this wont be the last case like this.
this is so so sad and too feel that you have to go on strike like this just shows how bad she must be feeling.. but i bet she is not alone in feeling like that. i bet there are alot of carers out there who feel like doing this.. dont these people realise what there are doing to people, we are human too. sorry this has upset me
I kind of guessed it was going to be the Daily Mail before I even clicked on the link. When it appears in a proper newspaper, please wake me up ....
When it appears in a proper newspaper, please wake me up ....
Personally I would let you carry on sleeping Image

Telegraph
Good for her. I hope that this becomes huge news, and something will have to be done. How desperate must she be feeling to make this decision?If she becomes ill herself,will the hospital be able to admit her under the Mental Capacity act against her will to force feed her?

I feel angry rather than upset, that this lady has to make herself heard through this means, but I am not surprised.
Just being on the local News, don't know the details but they say she has won
see here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/england/camb ... 547319.stm

He is to get the drugs required and the physio re-instated - emergency night care whilst other suitable care support is worked out.

WELL DONE THAT WOMAN!!!!!

Just goes to show that some well directed anger and direct action, with total embarressment for the guilty party, can achieve what years and even decades of meetings and being overly polite can not!
Excellent!