[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Can paid care be provided in 15 mins - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Can paid care be provided in 15 mins

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
I did some private work years ago,when the children were very small.Interest rates for our mortgage had gone sky high(1990 ish).I was working nights so it made sense to do the private work at night too. I earned as much for a night there, as I earned for a night in the NHS. The private work I did,was just to sit in a living room with my feet up and a blanket over me,and guide the elderly man to the kitchen if he got up in the night for a cuppa.I was there purely and simply for the wife to be able to sleep all night. I was so ashamed of taking that money for doing virtually nothing(and being given tea and toast before I left). After the first night,I did ask if I could help in any other way,and I ended up helping the man to bath in the mornings. Normally the wife paid extra for a Carer to stay and do that work.
I wouldn't do it nowadays.
Depends what type of care is being provided. Making and giving a cup of tea would take all of that. So, what else do they have to do in those 15 minutes? Bathing, dressing, breakfasting, giving medication, making and giving lunch/dinner, getting up, going to bed. That's just the basics.
Don't talk daft.
An emphatic, resounding NO