[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cameron to axe housing benefits for feckless under 25s - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Cameron to axe housing benefits for feckless under 25s

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Think we need to make this clear Nilla, these so called under 25's HB cuts will not come in till after the next general election 2015, thats if conservative party get back in, they wanting it in there next manifesto.
So seeing your friends daughter is 22 now, add 3 more years till 2015, i think your friends daughter will be fine anyway unless conservative party think of something else to bash the disabled and anyone else on benefits.
This could be a good thing for those long-term unemployed people who have absolutely no intention of ever getting a job (without the age limit) but since the bulk of the under 25 age group don't fit into this box because they are either working, training or looking for work, I can't see what good is to come of it.

Considering that they either want you in work or training and the training offers so little by way of a wage for the hours put in, I think that they could have just shot themselves in the foot with this one - and to that end, I'd be interested to see what they intend to do (if anything) about the wages of the trainees who are taking steps to better their qualifications since it's unfair to have them working a full time job to have to move back home simply because the government has removed the only way of paying the rent that they have.