[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Who cares about the carers- A must read - Carers UK Forum

Who cares about the carers- A must read

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
This article is well worth a read

Rays story
"Some people spend what I receive in benefits every week on themselves in one day. Apparently it doesn't matter that I'm expected to support three people - including myself.

"The truth is the government could help carers at home if it stopped wasting billions on other things - illegal wars come to mind.
Just read that story.
Poor guy hope he gets the care he deserves after all the years he has put in caring for his wife and chil.
Shame on the government.
sorry katryn,but he won,t,i have been a full time carer 24/7 for the past 31 years starting in december 1978,i went from having a full time job,and a full social life to being in a prison without bars,no holidays no social life no money,no pension no chance of our own home,no friends and no one cares and if i sound full of selfpity,NO i am just stating it as it is,we got no help then and we get no help now.it terrifies me how rapidly my own health is deteriorating,i also have type 2 diabetes but i am now insulin resistant no amount of injections lowers my blood sugars, i suffer clinical depression,arthritis,stress and high blood pressure in fact my doctor told me that if i was actually employed she would have signed me of sick years ago.i have seen all the appeals and all the campaigns over the years about the carers plight but nothing ever changes, we care because we want to, and they know it and take advantage of us
Who cares?
That's exactly the reason why our friend in his 70's has recently tried to kill himself. See my 'Dilemma' post.