[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bots ? Data Protection : GDPR Compliance ? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Bots ? Data Protection : GDPR Compliance ?

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Interesting explanation of bots Chris. I usualy access Cuk via google search rathert han bookmarking it , mostly for confidentiality reasons. Sometimes Cuk forum is second from the top but it does seem to vary in position within the listing, perhaps depending a little on how much of it I type in before the options appear to select from.

I am always as careful as I can be with identity but one day I typed my address on line int he search engine and found my full name popped up on some property type data base with an option to delete which I duly did. No idea where they got my details from. I would suggest always worth checking what is out there from time to time and seeif you can delete it.
I do wonder how people will feel in 20 years time or so when they read some of their antics etc on line historically. I noticed, that my dog rescue say they check FB , twitter etc before placing a dog for adoption- not a complaint- far from it just an observation.
Bots are very adaptable darlings , innocent looking carpet sweepers doing their work with hardly a hint of exposure or detection.

For those with the computer language skills , their functions could be altered for other purposes. There are a whole range of bots which have additional functions ... botnets / chatbots / gamebots to name just three ... and that family is growing.

Throw in the concept of good and bad and things get a little more interesting in BotLand.

For an elementary guide to the family , which are breeding like rabbits , BotNerd is recommended :

http://botnerds.com/types-of-bots/

Makes interesting reading for many , including me , as to exactly what's out there in CyberLand.

Most are well behaved but , there are several strands of the family which appear to be like your average goldfish but , with a little feeding , turn into great white sharks.

As dearly departed Spook would say ... " Fascinating. "

And no , not a " I spotted a Bot " thread .. please ?
Hi everyone,

Thanks for flagging up with us. I've highlighted with the forum maintenance team to check over this problem again as I know it's something they've been working on trying to fix. I'll let you know as and when we have an update.

Thanks
Nikki
Thanks Nikki.

We have sent our own bot to check progress.

Anyone even nipping out for a quick smoke , and our bot will know.

Bots have some very interesting uses , especially by those at the top of any organisation.

A time and motion bot ? Whose chatting to who bot ? Secret phone call bot ?

Even a bot designed to monitor policy statements ? A meetings bot ?

The MustActionThisOneSomeday bot ? That's a really , nasty , bot ... for some ?

The TickTockTickTock bot comes as part of the package.

Which ones would you not like as presents from us for Christmas ?

Could be Easter , provided Sergei in Moscow delivers on time.
What is a BOTS?
Sometimes I think people are far too "precious" about their information, especially address and phone number. Mine frequently appeared in all the lorry magazines in the UK, only once in 20 years did I receive and idiot phone call.
Henrietta wrote:Interesting explanation of bots Chris. I usualy access Cuk via google search rathert han bookmarking it , mostly for confidentiality reasons. Sometimes Cuk forum is second from the top but it does seem to vary in position within the listing, perhaps depending a little on how much of it I type in before the options appear to select from.
CUK's position in the Google listings is dependent on how many people search for anything related to 'carers' or Carers UK; the more people search, the higher our position :)
Bots again.

My daily trawl through the regular sites before breakfast.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/21 ... anonymous/

Thanks to bots , and their engineered uses , there is even light in the Dark Web.

Just one snippet together with a name :

This raises potential privacy concerns, as owners of these resources can track when they are loaded by a user, giving them a window into the hidden domain. For example, Google could monitor traffic to 13 per cent of the domains in the study’s dataset this way, the researchers say.

Scaremongering ? It's already happening ... try searching for bots and Facebook in the same context.

Even that great Briitish institution known as the BBC. A TvLicenceDetector bot ? Boy , would that be something in today's world watching tv on your computer generation ? Sorry folks , clearing one's history after that knock on the door will not work anymore !

Interesting confirmation of the mirrored bot mentioned in an earlier posting. Don't forget folks , you read that one first here on this Forum ! No doubt , someone in Langley will disagree when they clock on this morning , their time to see what we have doing five minutes ago if we discard the time difference ?

Image joining the police. After the usual training , first assignment , attached to the Special Bot Unit. If they read up on bots , they will then know more about the potential threat than almost anyone else in the whole force !

Bots ? We are only witnessing their birth ... imagine what they will be as teenagers ?
Majestic-12 [Bot] spotted.

Yes , I know the 2017 version.

For those who are not aquainted with the conspiracy theory version , Roswell 1947 and the role of the Majestic 12 makes good reading. Trace them right through to Donald Trump , makes very plausible , but somewhat deniable , reading for any reader wanting an alternative view of recent events ... including who was where when JFK visited Dallas on that fateful day.

Majestic 12 ? Didn't they fund the initial project to invent bots in the first place ?

One member even spotted in the DWP. Now we know whose behind keeping us carers firmly in our cage.

Must have agents elsewhere to achieve that ?

One journalist tried to take a picture. Bot in the software prevented the image being taken. Said image was on that bot's prohibited list !

Old fashioned cameras still have their uses ...

Not a good choice of a name for a bot , me thinks ?
Quite honestly, there are far more pressing issues in relation to my life at the moment to be worried about things like Bots!
Agreed ... shame we can't deprogramme the bots in turn ?