[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ATOS tatic's - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

ATOS tatic's

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
nothing changes Image
Careful chaps and chapesses, ATOS gets stroppy with websites that criticise its methods ands has already managed to use bully-boy legal tactics to close some of them down such as the Carer Watch forum (now thankfully back up and running) .
Thinking on it, maybe having some legal, medical, or social training and/or qualifications may indeed be of some use if merely to know your rights - a lot of folk don't and just lie down when faced with "superior" knowledge or authority.
Ooops, better be very careful then!
Careful chaps and chapesses, ATOS gets stroppy with websites that criticise its methods ands has already managed to use bully-boy legal tactics to close some of them down such as the Carer Watch forum (now thankfully back up and running) .
Thinking on it, maybe having some legal, medical, or social training and/or qualifications may indeed be of some use if merely to know your rights - a lot of folk don't and just lie down when faced with "superior" knowledge or authority.
That's exactly what is wrong with the system in general - none of us know what our rights and entitlements are... and the best bit is that none of "them" will tell us. Why??? Because that'd mean having to make the system more uniform and a greater expense that comes with it.

The only way we can find out is through research - yet by the time we get time to ourselves, we are too tired to get down to it so it gets postponed, often indefinately.
While I agree that ATOS may wish to stifle criticism (after all, no one likes to be criticised), I don't believe there is any reason to tread on eggs about it. If people have a bad experience, they have every right to say so.

ATOS has a very poor reputation in that some 40% of appealed decisions based on their medical reports are overturned. 70% when supported by CAB or similar. I can't think of any field of endeavour where such a huge error rate would be accepted.
charles47

In winning your appeal, well, you don`t win!. It came about after Ian Duncan Smith told Lord Freud that too many people were winning their appeals and to come up with something to stop them winning, he did, it`s called "appeals roundabout".
http://tinyurl.com/c8zyapg
My friend, a DWP manager, despairs of her bosses. If only they would leave enough troops on the ground to do the work properly in the first place, then there wouldn't be so many appeals. So many good staff with lots of knowledge were made redundant when there was relatively full employment. With the down turn in the economy they are hopelessly understaffed but still closing offices!
bowlingbun

I think you like many don`t understand what is going on here!. The government (and all the three main political parties) don`t want the DWP/DHSS or anykind of welfare state, that is why they are "closing offices". People that need anykind of help are going to be told to go and ask charities. What do you think Cameron`s/Conservatives "big society" is all about. The groundwork is being laid out as I write this post.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10680062
George,
I can't remember the exact words, but there is a saying about you can judge the quality of a community by the way it cares for the most disadvantaged. As a principle, I believe that the vulnerable in our society have a right to be cared for to a reasonable standard. As a young social worker, I persuaded many of my elderly clients to claim the benefits to which they were entitled, by saying that their husbands had paid National Insurance all their lives to help those who needed a helping hand. I'm sure that had I been born 100 years ago, I'd have been a suffragette, fighting for social justice for women. As the mum of someone with learning difficulties, I am very concerned for his future. He was awarded highest DLA for life, but that's no security once DLA goes. Health problems mean I can't look after him full time, although he comes home alternate weekends. I'm not sure where the current government policies are leading, I feel let down by Mr. Cameron, especially as he had a disabled child. I'm beginning to wonder if the coalition will finally split over benefits issues? Who knows? For the moment there seems little we can do, but wait and see.
bowlingbun

Over the next 4/5 years you are going to see things happen that you wouldn`t have thought possible in your worst nightmare. There again, just a few years ago you would not have dreamt that what is happening now would have happened, would you ?.

These boys and girls have been spot on over many years. There are (so far) three parts to this, explore the site for the other two.
http://tinyurl.com/7x2h9kj