[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Another Kick In The Teeth For Carers From The Coalition - Carers UK Forum

Another Kick In The Teeth For Carers From The Coalition

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Looks like i'm screwed if my dad passes away, i've been a carer for my mum and she passed away september 2008 and now i'm caring for my dad and i've lived in this house for almost 40 years (council house). I knew i should have asked my dad to pass the tennancy onto me before now but i left it and left it and now its to late.
This is a big kick in the balls for the carer big time.
Although I have every sympathy with people who get caught up in a situation like this it is "social housing" at the end of the day and I guess they're within their rights.
What worries me is the local councils view on who is a more "worthy" candidate to move into that home.
So i get kicked onto the streets, "they're within their rights" because they changed the rules. well conservative party sold all the council houses off back in the 80's right to buy remember and now nothings left and now conservative are back in there giving me and all the others a good kicking.
royd,

You still have time to get your name on a rent book to prove to the council you contribute to the rent.

This proposal is still at the consultation stage...

http://www.communities.gov.uk/publicati ... singreform
I was just talking to my dad he said the new ruling as not come in yet if its not i'll see about doing that very soon how long do we have ?? days weeks months any idea?
It may well need a change in the law: technically this is a consultation at the moment so no changes likely at least before April? Get in quick!
I'm new to all of this housing stuff we sort out the rent each fortnight and thats it. I moved here when i was 3 or 4 and the house before this we didn't have a bath room or toilet we had to share a toilet block outside with the other houses this was back in the early 70's, so you can imagine how bad that was. We only moved because they was going to build a bypass. And yes the old tin bath infront of the fire if you wanted a bath, i didn't care back then i was very young.
So who would you go and see about sorting out the tennancy passing, i think we need to go and see the citizens advice very soon see if they can point us in the right direction.
CAB is a good start, Royd. I'd do it as soon as you can.
They won't throw you out on the street that is for certain. Go and see you local CAB is the best bet for now.