[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New Petition...re proposals to transfer carers to JSA - Page 6 - Carers UK Forum

New Petition...re proposals to transfer carers to JSA

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
70 posts
I hope you are successful.

linda xo
I signed, I seem to spend my whole life signing petitions and polls these days... Image
982 signatures so far.

Just a few more will tip it over the 1,000...although there are some names I recognise (friends from this and other sites, work colleagues and local carers in my area), there are quite a few notable gaps...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Brilliant!!
Image Image Image Image Image Great news.
Delightful news. Image
Carers Uk has sent government our 'official' response to the Consultation Green paper on Welfare reform, which is called No one written off: reforming welfare to reward responsibility

This includes the proposal about jobseekers. Below are a few highlights from our response, which I know you will all be expecting to say. If you have time please read our full response.
We reject the proposal to require carers currently claiming Income Support
to claim Jobseeker’s Allowance. Even though this would be a modified version
of JSA without conditionality, the name is insulting to carers and it does not
provide recognition of carers’ contribution to society.
The subtitle of the Green Paper is particularly relevant to carers who already carry
significant levels of responsibility. Arguably they are amongst the most responsible
members of society, often sacrificing their own needs to support someone who could
not otherwise manage. However the detail of the Green Paper makes clear that no
further rewards are being offered to carers, despite the warm words from
Government and the obvious injustices in the current benefits system.
For carers, being out of paid work is not a choice. Rather, their ability to undertake
paid work is restricted by their association with disability. They would love to return to
employment but this is not possible because of the level and complexity of their
caring responsibilities. Many carers see caring as already being ‘in work’, particularly
those carers who are claiming Carer’s Allowance who must be caring for more than
35 hours per week.
You can read the paper at the link below.

Link to the PDF in Policy and Practice section of the website
I read it all.....big thumbs up from me....thank you Image
I read it too, seconded Belle Image
70 posts