Increase carer allowance up to £100 pounds weekly

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
Dear All Carers i hope you guys are well' i am iqbal khan and am caring for my mother approximately 8 years,its honour for myself to take care of my mother. And the rest of you guys who are also caring for others etc. I appeal to all you people please sign the petition for the increase of carer allowance at least £100 pound weekly and extra benefits and recognition .The amount at moment for carers is not sufficient to the climate that we are in so please everyone click on the link or log on to petition parliament and sign in... log on to https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114355
sign the petition and also share plz.if we reach approx 10,000 signatures the government will acknowledged and respond and if we hit up to 100,000 signatures it will be a debate and a sign of victory

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114355
Hi Iqbal,
Excellent idea.... just signed......any chance the admin can give this more publicity?? :-???
Ash
While they are at it where a person needs two carers 24/7 they should BOTH get carers allowance and the pension protection it affords...

Eun
are we worth just an extra £38 per week ? many carers like myself have a small private occupational pensions that enabled me to retire early because of that i actually pay tax it should be tax free and it should be paid at the same rate as the state retirement pension it should also rise in line with the state retirement pension via the triple lock at the moment our rise this year 2016 is zero as inflation is zero if a disabled person requires 2 people to care for him/her both should get the carers allowance carers should also be entitled to free prescriptions /dental/optical care and a bus pass the 25% council tax discount for carers who live with the person they care for but are not a partner / spouse should be available to all carers ..sadly the e petition will be lucky to get a couple of thousand signatures .. ive tried it before no one is really interested at all...admin did not bother with any support for my e petition
signed anyway.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/163203 try this one chaps we close to signatures all help apreciated its along ur same lines
I believe we should be campaigning to get Carers Allowance paid at the same rate as the minimum wage - because we ARE working, darned hard, for up to 168 hours a week! Saving the government a fortune.
This petition is closed
All petitions run for 6 months
bowlingbun wrote:I believe we should be campaigning to get Carers Allowance paid at the same rate as the minimum wage - because we ARE working, darned hard, for up to 168 hours a week! Saving the government a fortune.
It's not going to happen. If it did, and if hours on call were counted (as the European Working Time Directive requires), lone carers like me would be on enough money to not need to go through all the hurdles of means-tested benefits.

So it's not going to happen. :(
Carers allowance isn't means tested.
An occupational pension of £X,000 a month: that doesn't count.
Neither would earnings from rents, or investments.
It is earned income (after deductions) that is taken into account, not unearned income.
A lot of people don't know that.