[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers Pay to travel in London - Page 18 - Carers UK Forum

Carers Pay to travel in London

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
184 posts
Yes, a real pain. We have lifts at Upminster but they are sometimes broken, of course. I was talking to a man on a mobility scooter in the lift last week - rarely seen on the tube, and you would have to be sure your battery would hold out. He said that if the lift is not working he takes the train back to Upminster Bridge, where there is no lift, and back to Upminster to the other platform where the other lift is working. He has been back and forth several times. Or at a pinch he can go to a further station with a long ramp, which some of the District Line trains have.

I recommend an app called StationMaster, which gives all kinds of information on stations on the underground lines and overground and DLR. It has tabls ffor accessibility, facilities, exits and more. I use it to see which end of the train is nearest the exit, and if I have a visitor arriving at Heathrow, I can find out where they can change most accessibly.
Yep ... the local rag has covered that issue :

https://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/ ... -1-4432302

Campaign for full disabled access at Upminster station.

( Note the date ... 25 February 2016 ! )

Upminister ... my memories ?

On a few , good , days / nights , a blink of an eye.

On most days / nights , a crawl ... all the way to either Fenchurch Street or Shoeburyness the other way.

Remember most ... tube passengers waving at us as they passed us by ... *******s !

Even worse on match days , full of West Sham United fans !!!
Woop woop! Finally just seen a piece on Twitter saying that some candidates for mayor of London will be offering free travel to a companion of some disabled people travelling with them. Fingers crossed.
Beat you to it ... a few postings ago.

Just look at what you started !

I hope I ...and a couple of others ... have done it proud ?

( And no ... I still cannot identify the few LAs with free public transport passes ! )

Deduct that from my bill ?
Hehe. Here’s hoping all the candidates commit to it and we look forward to it actually coming into affect.

I haven’t kept up to date with the whole thread. But thank you.

Happy 2020 :-)
Happy 2020 ?

Second day in and ... no sign of the gloom dispersing.

Try me again ... end of January ... after the Saints win the Superbowl ?
Hah! Might have known Chris would beat me to it. Here's a link, anyway.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/sa ... cid=ASUDHP

I'm assuming this is only while accompanying the disabled person - I don't see why we should be entitled to free travel otherwise, nice though it would be.
I'm assuming this is only while accompanying the disabled person - I don't see why we should be entitled to free travel otherwise, nice though it would be.

Yep ... that's logical ... akin to driving a car with a blue badge without the caree ?

Still , saves on dressing up as a guide dog on hot days ?
Chris From The Gulag wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:04 pm
Yep ... the local rag has covered that issue :

https://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/ ... -1-4432302

Campaign for full disabled access at Upminster station.

( Note the date ... 25 February 2016 ! )

Upminister ... my memories ?

On a few , good , days / nights , a blink of an eye.

On most days / nights , a crawl ... all the way to either Fenchurch Street or Shoeburyness the other way.

Remember most ... tube passengers waving at us as they passed us by ... *******s !

Even worse on match days , full of West Sham United fans !!!
Chris, that's just the Overground to Romford, via Emerson Park, the least-used station in London I think. Yes, of course it should be accessible, but all the other platforms have a lift, which is more than you can say for a lot of Overground stations. Via this non-accessible line you can get to Romford in 9 minutes, whereas the bus takes longer.
You are welcome to be rude about Upminster, but that's not the point of this thread, is it? I'm talking about using the tube when the lift is broken.
Yep ... had been routed through that branch line on a couple of occasions in the past.

Nothing adverse about Upminster ... more a case of extended views on journeys ... would should have taken just over
an hour as opposed to several ... record 6 hours on one Christmas Eve.

Broken lifts at tube stations ?

I did notice that 12 were out of action on one day when surfed into the London Transport site earlier in this thread.
184 posts