[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers Own Dragons Den Nursery Thread - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Carers Own Dragons Den Nursery Thread

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
National Insurance "stamps" were supposed to pay for "benefits"
Oops (I knew that really, I was just testing you all) :lol:
Amounts ?

I haven't brought them upto date , original 2008 ish idea.

All " extras " factored in , perhaps increasing by 20% all round will bring them nearer to 2017 , giving :

New 2017 levels :

Carer or elderly or disabled ........................................... £ 162 ........ £ 8,424 p.a.

Carer and elderly or disabled ...................................... £ 216 ........ £ 11,232 p.a.

Carer and elderly and disabled ................................... £ 270 ........ £ 14,040 p.a.

Per person ! Assuming 2 living together to produce a combined figure :

2 senior citizens neither caring or disabled , £ 324 per week , £ 16 848 p.a.

Caree elderly and disabled and carer ( Me at the time ) , £ 378 per week , £ 19,656 between the two as if all money put into a pot.

Going back to my caring days , and readjusting back to 2008 figures , that would be a very small increase on the combined pot we had ... before I drewdown my private pension to starve off serious financial problems !

The Flaw ?

Housing ! A whatsit back in 2008 to introduce into the concept , virtually impossible now given what's happened over the last decade.

Solve that one , and a Nobel Prize of sorts would have your name on it !
A lot of people are co-carers. In other words in some families several people have some disabilities but are able to mutually care for each other.
Already factored in Colin.

Play around with the figures and you will see the result.

The and / or element as the starter. The only two questions / options needed.

As an alternative , start from square one and try to work out each person's entitlement under the present system , extras out there as well , and deductions to be made if one receiveds a benefit that automatically reduces yours.

You have until ... 2019 ?

As an aside , on CarerWatch , almost 100% support , elderly / disabled / carers all united ... for once ! A dream for many of us ... how times have changed , yet the enemy remains the same ?

We spent a couple of hundred postings between us debating the use of that word WAGE ... in the context of implying that we worked ... allowance ? benefit ? even a backhander ? ... such were those halycon days when carers felt liberated and supported in their visions by one another.

Even recall listening to Dark Star by the Grateful Dead ( 34 versions in my collection ) as inspiration before opening fire with my latest posting aimed squarely at the red contingent amonst our ranks , who saw the answer provided it was a shade of red.

And , honestly , we weren't smoking anything illegal at the time !
No " Wage " is ever enough in some instances.

Figures used would provide potection from most of the daily essentials bar housing.

If extras are needed over and above the examples given , just increase the % element ... the only real political issue IF ever the SW was introduced.
Why bother posting if nobody with any authority acts apon it ?

Probably , the most poignant posting ever posted ... on CarerWatch close to a decade ago.

Close to ten years on , I'm still trying to prove that poster wrong ... and it's a hard task as , unlike CareWatch with willing participants , I'm flying solo on 'ere , without the benefit of their input to polish up the raw article.

No authority , just me ... and I refuse to recognise the word " Authority " in that sense !

One does not need " Authority " to try to change things for the benefit of a mere 6 million or so.

Just the WILL .........

Another Issue for the list , this one both practical and cheap. Mentioned on a couple of other threads in bare bones detail :

Former Carers : Carers " Probation " Officer

What happens to an adult carer , of working age , when the caring stops ?

Unlike a prisoner on immediate release , after serving his / her time , there is no " Receiption committee " of trained personnel waiting to help with his / her returning to the changed world that awaits them , across all areas.

Why not a similiar service for former carers ? In essence , same problems with adjusting to life.

Probation Officer ? A small team of former carers , with expertise in the required areas attached to each LA , and in some areas , Trussells.

Communication with any new former carer either face to face , email , skype whatever ... an informal setting between two carers.

If you like ... Porridge ... Ronnie Barker ... Godber arrives and Fletcher shows him the ropes !

Use of former carers ? The very essence of what a carer goes through can only be experienced by a fellow carer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cost ? Optional ... I'm sure that within the ranks of a few million carers , there will be enough to even volunteer their services for free if they know that they will be helping their former ship mates ?

Where based ? No need for a separate base ... email communication between themselves and the LA / Trussells is all that's needed. Literally , signup , and be on call , at your convenience , to assist a new former carer. Some likely candidates might even be volunteers at Trussells in the first place !

How advertised ? Same aeons old problem ... 5.5 million carers NOT identified as such. That element is open to any reader ... gp surgeries , hospitals , chemists , food banks , caree supporting groups .... add whatever to likely places a carer would see the poster.

Brief outline ... capable of lift off or " Houston , we have a problem ? "

GRASS ROOTS again , difficult to even envisage from ivory towers or what faces a former carer if you have never been a carer ????????

################################################################################

As a former carer , an early trip into the outside world.

Nothing worse than the usual attitude of some ... my own experience when visiting the local job centre shortly after the caring ceased :

" 10 years caring for your mother. What job did you do ? Unemployed for 10 years and you come in now ? Left it a bit late , haven't you ? "

That was after being frisked by two gorillas first as the JC had problems with clients expressing a real opinion of the attitude and service received.

Just as an aside , motion was defeated narrowly for the local JC 'ere in the Worksop Gulag to be sited in the local police station despite saving monies ... in one door out another ... with a caution ? Main reason given was the police would have great difficulty of deciding just who was guilty ... the suits or the natives ?

Vacant lot next door ... food bank and magistrates court annex ... complex complete ?

Needless to say , filled out application form for JSA despite telling them I would not be eligible ( Just lost 35% of my weekly income to boot ! ) ... they still insisted , proceedures have to be followed ... 4 months later , letter asking me to call in as there was a problem with my " Claim " ... which I didn't want to claim in the first place !

Just tore it up , and surprise , surprise , heard no more.

That was 2008 .. fast forward to 2017 ... same type of response ?

################################################################################

Any reader reading this please bear in mind that this is for the benefit of all carers and , if you have any thoughts , please post them !
Interesting thought ?

General Election ... Carers Strategy and Carers Day in the House postponed ?

If so , more time for our two Issues to be known even if some of the likely players will change.

Will post more in time if this is the correct assumption.
Carers Flag Scheme ?

Probably oldest one in my memory banks.

Been giving this one some thought.

Gp surgeries / food banks / carers' card ( Swiss army knife type ? ) / identifying carers ...

Gps needed for referals to food banks ???

Players .... carers / doctors / food banks ... no political need ?

Timing ... bad , docs have enough on their plate without us ?

Key selling point ... how much do carers save a practice ? Practice to also save monies ...

Help ... readers formerly accountants in this field ? Tax advantages ?

Just a few thoughts before I try and roll out something worth persuing ?

Interlocking ... that magic word yet again !!!!

Anyone with anything to throw in the pot whilst it's simmering ?
The Government state that paid carers MUST BE PROTECTED BY LAW...Obvious.
But it's okay not to be PROTECTED as an 'unpaid care'...Oh, we are...not as far as I'm aware.
Care Act not being adhered to even slightly in most cases...
Why...coz carers more often than not don't stick together coz they are 'trying' to deal with their own stuff...ALONE.

10 pound an hr x 165 per week minimum = change in unpaid status. I'm gunning for it.