Care workers if they do personal care, Home helps if they do cleaning and shopping, but my son doesnt need that kind of help: he employs "Peer Supporters" who do neither of those things : they provide him with peer-support - age-appropriate social, recreational and travel activities. Actually he is staying over for two nights this weekend with one of them at his student digs in Dundee, having fun, socialising, doing some Christmas shopping, and visiting the Science Centre, which is awesome. Other times he goes youth hostelling and backpacking.

So, as for terminology, "Carers" is lazy-speak: and so IMHO is "P.A." (Miss Moneypenny is a PA, well thats ironic, but I guess it is a useful catch-all ! Ideally you need to look at the precise role and be a bit more creative and descriptive.