BAD GATEWAYS

Includes forum rules and technical help.
68 posts
I was using the forum 5 minutes ago, then it didn't connect (poor signal my end) then when I tried to reconnect I got a large shadow head half across the right hand of the screen, and then a log in request, all official looking. This has appeared 3 to 4 times previously, only happens on my tablet? Any ideas?
Several over the past week ... when in QUICK LINKS and then clicking on an option.

Cannot be traffic ... this forum is like a back lane in a village ... quieter month by month.

No doubt , Bad Gateway is looking for a Christmas card ?
Yep ... must be after a Christmas card ?

4 inside 2 hours this morning ... same location ... QUICK LINKS ... then clicking on destination.

Traffic at the time ?

11 users ... in TOTAL !

12.15 pm ... make that 5 !
Hi Chris

No-one else has reported any Bad Gateway messages lately so are you sure that it's CUK's end ?

From what I've read the BG error message comes about when one server can't reach another so it might be that it's your internet provider's server rather than CUK's ..................... just a thought :)

This website has some useful information
https://www.lifewire.com/502-bad-gatewa ... ed-2622939
Nice try Susie but ... no.

7 different forums visited this morning ... 6 use Tapatalk ... only one with " Problems. "

In fact , of all forums currently bookmarked , only one not powered by Tapatalk.

2 of those have under 20 members / users !

Server ... a couple of times unable to access on refreshing ... a couple of minutes later ... no problem.

In the interim , refreshing all other open windows ... not a problem ... at my end.
She
Had a couple of bad gateways yesterday, but fortunately I can click the refresh icon and all is ok
From an Internet search ... phpBB Bad Gateway ... 2 replies from forums ... gave up counting after 40 !

The 502 Bad Gateway error is an HTTP status code that means that one server on the internet received an invalid response from another server.

502 Bad Gateway errors are completely independent of your particular setup, meaning that you could see one in any browser, on any operating system, and on any device.

If all you have had is a couple of 502 errors then it is nothing to worry about - it can happen to any site. If, on the other hand, you are getting them constantly then you need to talk to your hosts as it is their problem, not a phpBB problem.
Pet66 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:51 pm
She
Had a couple of bad gateways yesterday, but fortunately I can click the refresh icon and all is ok
Thanks Pet66 for alerting us to these error messages. It may be a one-off problem but please let us know if you keep getting them in the coming days and we'll then ask our IT developer to look into it.
68 posts