How to change your user name and password

Includes forum rules and technical help.
It’s a good idea to use an alias for your username (as opposed to your real name) for confidentiality and security reasons.

Here’s how to do it on the Carers UK forum:

1. Click on 'User Control Panel' (This is near the top left corner of the screen, a little bit below the Carers UK logo).

2. You will be taken to a new page, on the 'Profile' tab. Click 'Edit Account Settings' (you'll find it in the column on the left-hand side).

3. Type your new username into the text box and/or your new password into the relevant text boxes.

5. Click submit.

If you have any problems, you can PM a moderator or email a staff member at forum@carersuk.org
Ah. There no longer seems to be a text box for me to type my new username into: has anyone found out how to change a username yet, please? Profile > Edit account settings, where it clearly indicates that I can change it, but there doesn't seem to be any way that I can see.
It doesn't offer me an entry box either.
Hopefully it's another glitch with the new version that IT can fix (when he's back from his hols)
Due to the changeover to the new forum the instructions in this topic are not, currently, valid.
There are a number of changes that still need to be made to the format of this newer version. Administration are aware of this particular problem and I hope they will be able to make the necessary changes to allow members to change their username shortly.
Looking forward to it: I'll be far too easily identifiable if I continue to post much under my current username.